Prologue

"You know the drill," sambit ng doorman ng bar at tinuro ang lamesang nasa tabi niya lang. I didn't say a word and fetched the grain of salt and wiped it on my wrist. Sunod kong inabot ang tequila at nilagok 'yon. Naramdaman ko agad ang pagguhit ng alak mula sa'king lalamunan hanggang sa aking tiyan. Napangiti ako.

That felt good.

I returned the shotglass on the tray, grabbed the lime beside it, and suck its citrus juices on my mouth. Tinignan ko ang doorman at nakita ko siyang binuksan na ang pinto.

Finally.

"Welcome to Watering Hole."

Upon entering the bar, I looked straight at the counter and saw the familiar figure of a woman that is going to accompany me for tonight. Pasimple akong tumabi sa kaniya at hinintay siyang lumingon. Naramdaman niya naman agad ang presensya ko sa tabi niya at sinulyapan ako gamit ang abo niyang mga mata, "What took you so long?" bungad niya.

"Well," I said and simply leaned on the counter, "I need to look good for tonight, right?"

She rolled her eyes and tucked her hair beside her ear before taking a sip of her champagne, "I don't even get why girls swoon over you. You still look like a fuck boy to me."

"Why don't we bet then?" pangaasar ko, "let's see who can have fun the most tonight."

I saw her smirked then she turned her chair towards me and gave me an eye candy view of her charisma. She's wearing an alluring red dress with a sexy slit that exposed her perfect curves and her long legs. Her wavy auburn hair is also styled into the side and since her dress is sleeveless, it emphasized her bare neck and shoulders.

"Done checking me out?" she mocked. 

I shrugged my shoulders, "Kinda," I replied, "so what do you say? About the bet?"

Tumawa siya at humigop ulit sa alak niya, "You know I hooked up with hotter girls than both you and Ramil combined."

Umakto akong napaatras at nagulat sa sinabi niya. Pinatong ko pa ang kamay ko sa dibdib ko, "Wow. What a bold thing for you to say."

Suot niya parin ang ngisi niya matapos ang sinabi ko at tumayo na. Habang hawak ang kaniyang champagne, may tinuro siya sa madla at may sinabi pa sa'kin pero hindi ko na 'yon masyadong narinig. That's the only time I noticed the loud music starting to echo in the entire place. 

The DJ suddenly changed his playlist, eh?

"Some chick caught my eye so I'm gonna go dance with her. How about you, bro?" asked Mackenzie when she settled down the champagne glass on the counter. 

"I think I'm going to drink some more. Enjoy." I replied and even gave her a thumbs up. Tinapik niya naman ako sa balikat bago ako lagpasan at maghalo sa madala, leaving only her milk and honey scent. Napatingin naman ako sa may bartender na kanina pa pala kami pinapanuod habang nagpupunas ng isang baso. Nang makita nito na nakalingon na ako sa kaniya ay tsaka naman ito lumapit sa'kin.

"The girl never liked you, aye? Maging babae ka raw muna."

Napasinghal ako, "Shut up, Troy. Just give me the usual one."

"Oh, poor boy. I wonder how many bucks did the bar get out of you and your rich ass."

"I don't even want to think about it."

Habang umiinom, naramdaman ko ang pag-vibrate ng cellphone ko na nasa loob lang ng bulsa ko. Kinuha ko 'yon at tinignan ang pangalan na pinapakita nito sa screen. 

Ramil Torres.

"Man," I mumbled and instantly declined the call without a second thought. Sinabi ko na sa kaniya na ayokong maistorbo ngayong gabi. It's been a stressful week in the precinct and I just want to spend the night to rewind and to relax. Kailangan ko rin naman ng pahinga.