Get a Tight Grip

I didn't mean for it to start this way. I didn't know these people. I could barely remember my name. Emma I think. Emma Fidel. I woke up in a strange place. It looked like a bus. I sat up. A lock of strait,dark brown hair fell in my face.

" Hey." a boy about my age said looking at me with bright blue eyes. He had short-cropped blond hair. He grabbed my hand. " Have a good nap Em?"

" The Dragon awaketh!" a boy said in the seat in front of us. He had dark curly hair and a smile that made me want to check for my wallet. I had a urge to slap him. I would have but the bus stopped suddenly jerking all of the riders forward.

A man started cursing and got out of the bus. The blond boy turned toward me. Before he said anything, I interrupted.

" Who are you?" I said, my voice low. He looked at me, confused.

" I am Jason. Your friend." he said in a low tone.

" Friends? A little more than friends the past few weeks." the curly-haired boy muttered.

" Shut up Leo." Jason said still looking gravely at my face. "What is the last thing you remember?"

I thought for a moment. I remembered his blue eyes. I also remembered a warm smile that went along with a pair of green eyes.

"I don't know. What do I look like?" I said looking at them both. They looked at each other when Leo finally brought out a iPhone. He turned it on and flipped the camera and showed me the screen. I had bright green eyes and longish dark hair which was pulled up into a pony tail. I was well built with muscles and tanned skin. I had jeans and a ripped t-shirt on that said, 'I don't run and if I am you should be running too' I had high tops on that looked like they had been dipped in a pond then left to dry in the laundry hamper.

" You are beautiful." Jason said smiling warmly and lightly kissing my cheek. I smiled back. I was jerked forward as we moved into a parking lot. It was a dark day, with lightning flashing, rain dowsing our clothes and thunder rumbling angrily. I hated thunderstorms. They made me feel uncomfortable.

I took off my jacket inside. Jason and Leo led me to what was my dorm. It had rock band posters on one half of the room and the other half had movie posters of male actors and fashion posters. I felt like gagging. Jason and Leo started to explain everything.

I had come here this year from Buffalo New York. My birthday was July twenty-sixth. I was sixteen. Jason was my boyfriend (which I had kinda figured out already ). I was a runner and very rebellious like Leo. The only thing that kept me in line was Jason. I shared a dorm with Abigail Cocker, a major girly-girl. I didn't get along with her.

When they left, a girl marched into the room. I guessed she was Abigail. I tried to ignore her and listen to my iPod.

"Turn that down!" she screeched, yanking my iPod out of my hand.

"Hey! Give that back!" I said grabbing for it. I had been looking at pictures of my life. Like Jason and me holding hands and Leo making heart pictures with his hands over our heads. Abigail fumed when she saw what I was looking at.

"Back off Jason." she snarled " I will personally tear you down brick by brick until he dumps you!" She said stepping closer but I stood my ground. Backing away would be showing you will bend to her will.

" Brush your teeth Abigail." I started to walk out the door. "And Abigail, He is mine. I suggest you save your breath."

I smiled and walked out. I felt amazing. I didn't exactly know where I was going. My mind seemed to know what it was doing. I suddenly remembered the hallway. If I went down this hall, I would reach the roof and if I turned left, I would reach the boys dormitory. I turned left. I wanted to have Jason's company. I felt very calm around him. I automatically knew where to go. Jason was very lucky. He got to share a room with Leo. I knocked softly and heard snoring in response. I pushed the door open carefully. Jason was sprawled out on his bed, textbook indeed his head. He looked so young. I sat on the edge of the bed and stroked his hair tentatively. I might not remember him, but we could still like each other. I unwillingly shook his shoulder.

"Jason. Jason." I said softly. His eyes fluttered open.

" Em? What are you doing in here?" he asked sitting up.

"Can you explain more? I am still confused."

" Ok" he said smiling " Your mom abandoned you at six and drowned two years ago. Your dad left you and your mom before you were born. Your mom's name was Serina Fidel. Your dad has never been found. The orphanage sent you here. We started going out a month ago. Your birthday was a few weeks ago. You are sixteen. You swore to not let anything come between us. I love you Em."

He planted a soft kiss on my cheek and stood up.

" Shall we my lady?" he said offering his arm. I stood up and took his arm.

" Let us leave this place." I replied smiling. Jason opened the door. My jaw dropped.

I was staring into the face of a dragon.