Confidence is Key

Meet Louis Tomlinson, 18 year old high school outcast. He sticks to the shadows- keeps his head down. He'd rather be friendless and invisible. But sometimes, the loneliness hurts. The pain grows until one girl changes it all. Lesson one- confidence is key.

--------------------------------

Hulloooooooo there!!

How ya doing?

I'm FANTABULOUS, thanks for asking!

Sooooooooooooooo I'm starting a new fanfic! You know, boredom creates a sudden and effective need to be busy... And I'd rather write to YOU guys than do homework.

Pretty simple analogy, eh?

ON TO THE FIRST CHAPTER!! *trumpet noises*

----------------------------------

"Keep to the walls, don't make eye contact..." I shuffled, head down, through the cafeteria. Don't make eye contact- don't look up- be invisible.

The words I live by.

When I got to the other side, I bumped into someone.

"Sorry!" We both cried at the same time

I looked up from the floor and made eye contact with the person I thought I'd never even talk to in my entire life.

Jennifer Mills.

Jenni Mills was one of the most popular girls in school- but not by choice. She was tall, pretty, smart, sassy... But most importantly, nice.

"Oh! I'm in the middle of the hallway, aren't I?" She apologized, not breaking eye contact with me.

"Uh..." Um....

"Jenni!" I looked away as Jenni's friend noticed her from across the hall.

"Oh, Tori!" She spun around and I shuffled away before she could notice I left.

"Hey, Lollypop!" Someone cried out. My eyes widened in fear at the mention of the nickname these buffoons gave me.

I quickened my pace but ran into a cluster of bullys.

"Hey, punk- where do you think you going?" They smiled at me, blocking my path.

"I- I'm just tryi-"

"We'll you can stop worrying because your not going anywhere." He said, cutting me off. I spun around, looking for a way out, but they had surrounded me.

The whole scene had drawn a crowd, and now the whole cafeteria was watching and calling for blood.

"GET HIM!"

"BEAT HIM TO A PULP!"

"Well well well... Look who wasn't fast enough..." I looked over my shoulder and saw the circle open to allow one person in- Matthew Pratt.

Popular, rich, ladies man. Even though he was three inches shorter than me, he still scared me

"Matthew- Don't do this. Just let me go." I pleaded.

"I'm sorry, Lollypop. Can't do that- don't wanna disappoint." He gestured to the immense crowd that had formed.

I cowered away as he approached and rolled up his sleeves.

"Whose ready to see some action?" He asked and turned to the crowd who responded with cries of excitement and anticipation.

Matthew raised his fist and brought it down on my cheek. I fell down as he leaned over me.

"Whatcha gonna do about it, Lollypop? Cry?" Matthew turned to the crowd and laughed along with them. I stood up and he turned to me again.

"Coming back for more?" He chuckle and raised his fist. I closed my eyes and braced myself, but the hit never came.