That's the Way the News Goes

Jack's P.O.V.

Fuck, I'm gonna be late again. This thought raced through my mind the same way I was racing through the hallway. I could NOT afford another tardy this semester or I would face suspension. Then there would be hell to pay from Mum and Pa. We all worked so hard to get me to Los Angeles from Ireland and it was my big break to show how "gifted" I was.

Ever since I was little, I picked up skills easily and quickly. My parents took me to a psychologist and were told I was some sort of prodigy. They wanted to use my gift to it's fullest ability so by the time I was 7, I was fluent in 4 languages (being Irish, English, Italian, and Sewdish.) and capable of completing Junior High math and science problems. These skills didn't take me very far in Ireland as I just attended regular Public schools with your average curriculum , but as soon as I was eligible for a scholarship to come to Livermore High School for the Gifted and Talented, my parents snatched up all the money they could and sent me here. But definitely not to be running through the halls late for 3rd period science!

Fooking 'ell... I finally reached the door and stepped in as soon as the intercom bell rang signifying the end of transition period.

"McLoughlin! Close one!" The teacher, Mr. Sanchez, bellowed.

"But still on time," I chuckled then got more serious, "Please don't count it tardy. I was in the room when it rang!" I knew he wouldn't coun it against me. He was kind of a lazy bum alcholholic old man but he was an amazing science teacher and I kinda liked him (ew not like that friggin pervs!).

"Ookayyy," he drawled out, "You kids saw nuthin'!"

"But-" said a menacing voice. It was Dylan. He was such a little shit. Always out to get me and my friends Felix and Adri. But it started with Felix and he still torments him more than me and Adri. We tried to ignore him but sometimes it got out of hand. I remember one time at the beginning of the year when I had just met Felix and Adri that Felix got in a fist fight and they were both suspended from school grounds. This didn't bother Felix as his family just lived literally down the street. (His whole family moved with him from Sweden). He did lose privileges and no longer was with me in the same dorm room which ment I had an extra space.

"But nothing Hoppus. And that's the way the news goes!" That was Sanchez's catchphrase of the week.

Well the lesson continued on as usual some boring crap about taxonomy that I had already memorized in the 5th grade. This, then lunch. This, then lunch. This, then lunch. Lunch. Where Adri and Felix were. People called us the crayon box not because of or different ethnicities, but because we all had some color in our hair. Adri , short for Adrianna, is Hispanic and has completely violet hair. She is the most punk out  of all of us with her fully dyed hair, neck tattoo, and 4 piercings on each ear. Contradictory to her outer appearance, she's a sweet hearted cinnamon roll.  Felix is Swedish and looks like one of those Swedes you'd see on a travel pamphlet. Short stature, fair skin,and blond hair. Except he's got a streak of blue in the front of his dirty blond hair.

And then there was me. I'm short leprechaun I have been told. My original hair color's a dark brown streaked with grey. WTF I'm only a teenager?!  But recently I dyed the top of my har neon green. And it looks F TO THE A TO THE B FABULOUS!

A/N

HEY! So what did you think? Sorry bout this not having much Septiplier action I just wanted to get character descriptions and the scenario description out of the way. Marks P.O.V. Coming in the next chapter! Also, Adri to make the story a bit more original is a character based off of a friend of mine. Did ya notice the little Rick & Morty reference in there?