「48th period」: performance time

a/n
the song above is called Hatsukoi no Ehon (t/n: First Love Picture Book). It is sung by the CV of Aida Miou, Aki Toyosaki.
disclaimer: the song is owned by HoneyWorks, I do not have claim over it and whatsoever.
えみ

I T O N A   H O R I B E
堀部 糸成
student no. 28

It was already the second day of the festival, and surprisingly our restaurant was bustling.

"There's so much people, and because of that they won't even let me go down to the main campus" Iroha complained

"There's so much people, and because of that they won't even let me go down to the main campus" Iroha complained. "We need extra hands, they said. At this rate, how are we going to watch Hotaru's performance?".

I could feel the blood rushing to my face at the mention of her name.

"Heh~ You actually like her don't you?" the girl smirked, as soon as she noticed.

"Shut up, Iroha. Won't you do your job?" I looked at her, retrieving my calm.

"Okay~ Okay~" she sang as she put on her apron.

"Man~ Thank god, Karma didn't let me wear that uniform again" she sighed in relief as she started walking back to the classroom.

Well, from the number of people who asked to buy her picture, I doubt he'd let her do it again, I thought, as I caught sight of the redhead. Moreover, why dress her up when you don't want to share her to people?

"Is something bothering you, Itona-kun?~" he caught me and said, "It's rude to stare you know".

"Ah...No. It's nothing".

✖︎●✖︎

As soon as I came back to the classroom after gathering more ingredients from the mountain, almost immediately, Iroha pulled me by the arm and began dragging me away from the building.

"Were late. Were late. Were late" she said it as if it was a chant.

It was already nearing late afternoon, and our shop was still as busy as it was. So I figured we'd stay even later.

"Karma's not coming with us?" I asked her, and she immediately gave me an oblivious expression.

"What are you talking about? We're not always together, you know" she told me. "Unlike you and Hotaru we have no obligation to stick together (?)".

How dense can she get? The entire class knew that, if you find Karma, you'll find Iroha with him as well. They were one of the most inseparable pairs. Karma & Iroha, Nagisa & Kayano, Karma & Nagisa, Iroha & Okuda, Maehara & Isogai... the list just goes on.