Chapter 1: Regret

Break
What's left of me
Haunt me
promise me
You'll stay
then leave
I'm just a ghost
A memory
blood on the snow

    Honey,
    Dead people can't die

Last word she ever said was "hide".
My mind couldn't really process what that meant but it was starting to make more sense.
My mother lies motionless on the dead grass. Her skin is as pale as egg whites.
She looks like a ghost. Her white blouse was drenched in thick red blood.
Everything happened in a hazy blur.
I seemed to be stuck in mud. I shut my eyes while my friends and family rush past me to her. My face turned to a downcast expression and I look up at the grey sky.
And sure enough it starts to rain.
Tiny drops.
Little drops.
Larger drops.
They all come down so fast it was torrential.
People are screaming and shouting and I block them out. I let a single tear slide down my pale face, knowing that tomorrow's not going to get any better.
Someone bumps my shoulder running away bellowing.
I fall to the ground and watch dozens of wolves surround us.
I can sense it.
My eyes are still closed and all I can smell is wet dog. Wich at the moment is extremely unpleasant.
By now I'm crying. I fall down in the mud and grass and let my hand splash in a mud puddle.
I open my eyes.
People were getting silent.
It became very still and quiet.
I wipe my tears and put my hands in front of me.
I look around at everyone.
They're all bowing their heads and surrounding my mother.
The wolves all lift their heads one by one and sing.
They howl in a tune that I will never get out of my head.
It wasn't the most pleasent sound in the world. But they were showing their sorrows.
The rain only got heavier and pored even more.
The wolves put their heads down and trail off into the woods.
They left with their heads down and their tails tucked between their legs.
They all went in separate directions but they would all soon meet up.
Everyone looked up exept me.
I heard ambulance sirens coming our way. They stopped and I heard people yelling. They came around the back through the grass with ambulance to my mom. We all scattered and knew that they wouldn't stand a chance bringing her back.
We just didn't want to stop and do nothing.

When the ambulance leaves everyone looks at eachother with blank faces.
Nora my cousin walks slowly up to me and hugs me tighter than she has ever hugged me.
Nora had short red hair and big clunky glasses.
This fight just turned into a funeral.
I let go of her making a disappointing face and realizing what started this and why this happened.
I turn to Deston. My brother. Who was a mortal. He was the only mortal in this family. He gives me a strait face and looks away.
I walk straight up to him and grab his shirt and punch him.
He lands in the mud and grabs his chin.
Everyone's gaze follows to us.
"What's the hell was that for!" He cries.
I stand pitying him.
"This wouldn't of happend because of you!" I shout and make my hands into fist again.
He stands back up.
"If you would have listened to orders! You screwed this whole thing up and now look what happened! Your stupid little mind had to come along and let the others pick up your trail and find us! If you would have just stayed home this whole mess wouldn't have happend you asshole!"
I push him and he almost falls.
He grabs my leather jacket.
"Hey! Knock it off!" My Aunt Joy rushes between us and holds her arms out.
Aunt Joy was almost thirty and had the complexion of a teenager.
"She started it!" Deston points.
"Actually you the one who killed our mom!" I scowl back.
"I didn't kill her they did!"
"WILL YOU SHUT IT!" Joy hisses.
We all grew silent and the rain stopped.
Joy holds my arms. I shrug my shoulders and slide away. Everyone glances at me and I turn away heading towards my house.
I open the screen door and rush to my room leaving footprints all through the house. Now that moms gone no one has to tell me what to do.
I slam my door shut and leap onto my bed. I feel regret of what I did.
Regret runs through my mind.
I cry and cry until I can't feel anymore.
I can't feel emotions, I can't feel anything. I feel empty.
Maybe I'm hungry?

⬇️

FOOOOOODDDDDDD🍏🍇🌭🍇🍌🍓🌯🍲🍕🍟🍟🍘🍟🍢🍟🍱🍱🍣🌮🍕🌮🌭🌮🍣🌯🍘🍢🌯🍘🍺🍻🍣🍩🍪🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍚🍥🍨🍩🍙🍥🍩🍕🍕🍲🍧🌯🍰🍫🍟
(Sorry I can never take things seriously)