Undiscoverd Powers

Undiscovered Powers

By Jayleen Archuleta

Chapter 1

Everly's summer was over and now she was in her third week of high school. She never had any academic problems but when it came to other girls, she was an outcast. For the most part it seemed like no one even knew that she existed .She was short and incredibly shy. Her eyes were hazel and her hair was blonde and reached the end of her back. But her best friend was the total opposite. Tessa was a geeky, outgoing, redhead with gigantic black glasses. Her fiery straight hair and green eyes made others think she was a bit insane but she had an incredible love for animals. The two had been best friends since Everly had moved here in third grade.

Everly had been placed in a foster home when she was 9 after her parents had disappeared. The farthest back that she can remember is when she was in a burning house and got rescued by the firefighters. Everyone thinks they died in the fire but there is no trace of them. The only pieces of information she had was her name and charm bracelet with a crystal water charm. Any farther back has been forgotten in Everly's memory. After going to the hospital to make sure everything was fine 9 year old Everly was put in an orphanage. Only a couple days later she was adopted by a nice couple, Derek and Emily Roberts. When Everly left the orphanage she felt terrible when she saw how many kids had never had a real home. Derek was the doctor that had examined Everly after the fire. Derek Roberts had dark hair and was extremely tall. He and his wife Emily wanted to adopt Everly and give her a good home. Emily loved crafts and was always knitting or crocheting. She was very sweet with light blonde hair that got pulled up into a bun every day. The couple was very nice and always cared for Everly. Everly loved living with the Roberts but always felt like a big part of her life was missing.

She was now in High school in New York and still bullied and being called a freak because of her different background. Tessa did her best to stand up for Everly but it never seemed to help. On the third week of High School when she was crying in the girls bathroom a little girl about 8-10 asked what she was crying about. The girl was so sweet and kind that she couldn't say no plus she was not going to go back to class. The girl has her dirty blonde hair in pigtails and had freckles and dimples making her incredibly hard to say no to.   People were going to start looking for her soon so Everly quickly told her all she could remember up to now. When she finished telling her story the little girls eyes light up and with huge grin on her face. Everly wasn't used to this reaction. “You’re the girl we've been looking for.” Everly told the girl that she had no idea what she was talking about. “I'll explain when we get there, we have to leave now!" The little girl dragged her out of the bathroom and school building to a boy that looked exactly like her. "Is this your—" "Brother? Yes" She interrupted. "Where are we going? Yelled Everly .Stop asking questions and let’s get out of here!" answered the girl. Ok just tell me your names are asked Everly." I'm Agnus and this is my brother Alec." said Agnus.

As Everly walked close behind she was deciding if she should run for it. Everly had no idea who these kids were and what they were heading. Everly almost made a run for then realized that she had never been here before and didn't know how to get back to school or her house from here.Everly had her phone in her back pocket if she needed to contact anyone and she felt safe at the moment. So Everly continued to follow Agnus and Alec trying to hear what they were talking about. "Agnus your positive this is her?' asked Alec.”Of course this is her i wouldn't just grab a random girl." assured Agnus, rolling her eyes. "Ok it better be. “After that they stopped talking as the three passed through an ally. At the end of the ally was a huge, majestic fountain with a glowing liquid in rainbow colors. The fountain was luring them in and right as Everly was about to say something a force pushed them in.

The fountain that had looked only a few feet looked like it had no ending .Agnus, Alec and Everly tried to swim back up but something was pulling them even farther down. They couldn't hold their breath much longer and then something at the very bottom erupted spending a huge gust of water straight at them. They had no power here and unable to move, the water hit them like a thousand bolts of lightning. The air finally came back to them and they lay passed out in the ally and the fountain had disappeared.