●Eleven: Clouded●

Ughh, I'm not really sure if this story is that interesting. But hopefully, I'll be able to finish this ;-;

☆☆☆☆

"As the owner of the Dew Bar, do you know Usami Serena?" Was your question to the defendant on the stand.

"Of course. Usami has been a waitress at the bar for over three years." He answered.

"Are you aware that she recently added hair extensions?"

"Yes, and they look lovely."

"And what about your bartender, Tadashi Yamato?"

"Well, he did not get hair extensions." He remarked wittily, causing the jury and the audience to laugh.

You deadpanned, "No, he got a nose job, didn't he?"

"Yeah, so?"

You couldn't believe that this nitwit was the owner of your favorite bar.

"Would you say those employees fundamentally changed their appearance while working for you?"

"Yes, but--"

"And did you terminate them?" You asked icily with a scornful look.

"No."

"But you terminated my client because her appearance changed."

"It's not the same."

"Yes or no."

"Yes." You went back to your seat.

His lawyer stood up and asked his client, "What's the difference between cosmetic surgery and gaining weight?"

"Cosmetic surgery is meant to improve the appearance. Putting on the pounds detracts from it."

"Can you explain why you terminated an employee who gained fifty pounds?"

"I'm not ashamed to say that my objective is to turn a profit. Sex sells." He admitted.

"And Nakatani hurts your bottom line?"

"Absolutely."

"Can you quantify that?"

"My clientele buy more drinks from thin, beautiful women." He replied proudly, "Usami brings in twenty percent more per night than Nakatani."

"Thank you."

.

.

.

"Recently, I actually went to the Dew Bar and I saw the place through a fresh set of eyes. No female employee was larger than a size four." You spoke again, attempting to imply your view point since you yourself was a little on the plump side, "I felt uncomfortable. No wonder the owner was worried about profits. He was promoting this narrow-minded view of sexy. If the Dew Bar really wants to make more money, then maybe they should make all of us feel welcome. At this point, I would like to request for all my friends in the gallery to please stand up."

A few of your large friends that you knew of got up from their seats, causing the opposing counsel to mask on their shock.

"What's going on?"

"Just making my closing, counselor." You smiled, "You see all these beautiful women? They are over size ten. Based on the Dew Bar's definition of sexy, none of them would be hired. That's wrong. You know that federal laws protect us based on race, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, and national origin. But what about size?" You made your point to the jury, "There are particular places that have all passed laws outlawing discrimination based on weight."