False Expectations

I know that to you I am closer than man from which you were created.

Not bone molded into femininity to be filled with the eternal fire.

To you I am the future that was nurtured within your womb enveloped in unfulfilled dreams .

Sustained upon never-ending hope.

The means to vicarious achievement of once lost idealistic goals.

The beacon that brought light to the tempest of raging sorrow, soul breaking emptiness and overwhelming darkness that reflected in your eyes.

Upon entry into this realm you deemed me lifesaver and named me joy bringer.

Defined me as the bearer of uplifting pride.

Upon my pedestal within my cage of expectations, obligations, regulations and love induced limitations,

I endured heart-wrenching loneliness, survived mind numbing weariness just to be blessed with your acceptance and conditional support.

Lies became truth, façade became reality and persona became identity in this time consuming affair.

Then the sun rose most auspicious on the day that would be my moment of liberation and self actualization.

All that was needed was a shred of courage to show my hearts true intentions, the bravery to seize my soul’s liberation.

On that day I faced yourself righteousness, preconceptions, prejudice, disgust, accusations. Intolerance.

Cast out into the world I was protected from for so long to face the unknown horrors and unforeseen enlightenment.

Scarred. Down trodden I still rise and boldly live in the present and seek the future day after day.

Struggle with anger, grapple with self loathing, battle with pity, trample upon fears the would hinder my journey into the unknown.

You have made your choices in life and have given me opportunities through your sacrifices. I am forever humbly grateful.

For you sadly enough it does not mean that you dictate my decisions, significant or minute.

I can’t relive your life.

You cannot live mine.