• Facts About Friday The 13th •

◄ 10 Fun Facts 'Bout Friday The 13th

- 13 is said to get a bad rap because it follows the number 12. 12 is considered the number of completeness: 12 months in a year, 12 hours on a clock, 12 zodiacs, 12 gods of Olympus, 12 Apostles of Jesus etc.

-The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskevidekatriaphobia (pronounced pair- uh – SKEV – vee – day – CAT – tree – uh – FOE – bee – uh). That’s a mouth full!

-Every year has at least one and at most three Friday the 13ths. The triple-threat occurs only once every 11 years.

-2012 is a triple-threat year and will have 3 Friday the 13ths. The others occur in April and July.

-According to Smithsonian Magazine “fear of the #13 costs American a billion dollars per year in absenteeism, train and plane cancellations, and reduced commerce on the 13th of the month.”

-Many hospitals do not have a room 13. Some tall buildings skip the 13th floor and some airline terminals omit Gate 13.

-About 20 million Americans alter they daily routine out of fear of Friday the 13th.

-Four of the twelve Friday the 13th movies were released on a Friday the 13th.

-Fidel Castro was born on Friday, August 13, 1956.

-Tupac Shakur was killed on Friday the 13th.

 ▬ T a c h i   M o o •