Royal Slaughter

Despite the fact that this is a fanfiction, it makes no reference to the game whatsoever. This is a yaoi (BoyxBoy).  I pulled this story from my www.fanfiction.net account. Enjoy.

I do not own Kingdom Hearts

Axel walked the streets alone, his blood soaked cloak trailing behind him. His home was gone; his friends slaughtered by madmen. Even his lover was killed… Axel was alone now, no one to turn to… no one to help him heal his wounds, both physical and emotional. He thought the gates to his castle were secure. He thought that letting the guards off that night would be okay… It was his birthday after all, and no one would dare mess with a king on his blessed day of birth… or would they?

Everything was perfect. The royal orchestra was playing quietly and he was conversing with the guests from other kingdoms and his family he had not seen for some time. Demyx Starr was the prince of another kingdom that was positioned near the ocean. He and Axel wrote letters to each other all the time. He had two siblings, Naminé and Roxas. Both were quiet, loved to draw, and were very lovely…but it was Roxas that caught Axel's eye. Axel had met Roxas when he and Demyx were set to meet up around five years ago. Axel was fifteen then, Roxas was thirteen. The two fell in love immediately. Before they knew it, there were more days designated to Starr family coming to visit Axel's kingdom and Axel was addressing more letters to Roxas than he was Demyx.

After two years of writing and meeting up two to four times a month, Axel finally asked Roxas to live with him in his kingdom. Axel convinced his father to allow Roxas to stay, to "keep strong ally bonds", he reasoned. And only three months later, Roxas was settled in a royal room near Axel's. For the first couple weeks, Axel controlled himself around the blonde, so not to raise suspicions with his father or his many caretakers. And then, one night, while his father was celebrating the growth of their kingdom, Axel made his move. Roxas was already in his bedroom waiting for Axel; the plan was decided earlier on that day. Axel excused himself from his father's presence using the excuse of a headache. A woman offered to treat him, but he shooed her away. After the redhead was sure that no one was following him, he ran up the stairs and to Roxas's room. He knocked three times on the door and waited for the blonde.

"Axel, is that you?" A soft voice came from the other side of the door.

"Yes, my love." Axel whispered. A small giggle could be heard as the door opened. Roxas stood in only a robe and beckoned Axel inside. Once inside, the blonde hugged the redhead tightly.

"I was starting to worry…" Roxas whispered.

"I would never miss this…" Axel whispered back. That night he lay Roxas down on the bed gently and made love to him, promising that he would one day be at his side. "Even if we have to run away and start our own kingdom, we will be together." Axel whispered as the blonde drifted into a peaceful sleep.

Two years later, Roxas was living happily with Axel. Axel's father was killed by an assassin that was later found to be one of his best guards. And now Axel was to become king. Usually the prince would take his father's place sooner, but Axel waited a couple years. In the meantime, his brother, Reno, took over the title of king. When Axel was ready to assume his rightful place as king, he decided to do so on the day before his birthday. Since his father was dead, there was no one to keep him and Roxas from marrying. The two married that day and Roxas became 'Queen'.

Demyx Starr was the first guest to arrive at Axel's castle for the royal party. Naminé tailed not too far behind. More guests flooded in for the king's twentieth birthday. The celebration soon began; Roxas was upstairs, women playing dress up with him. Axel talked with Demyx until his lover was announced. Everyone looked to the king as the royal orchestra began playing. Slowly, Axel made his way to Roxas. The blonde smiled softly and glided down the stairs, holding his hand out to Axel. Axel took it happily and led Roxas to the center of the ball room. Everyone watched as the couple danced. Axel lowered his head to rest on Roxas's shoulder as he held the younger male closer to him.