Keeva

Its just a normal sunny day in San Diego, California; just a few clouds here and there, nothing out of the ordinary. But for me, Keeva May, it was a whole other story.
I have long blond/brown wavy hair. With the biggest hazel eyes, they were almost hypnotizing. Im about average height for a girl my age. I love to penny board, instead of driving to the places I need to go, even though I have my driver's license. So, you see, I seem to have a pretty normal life, but that's what i let you see. At home I get a beating. My mother is bipolar and the slightest thing can set her over the edge. And my dad left when i was little.

-

"Keeva, get down here!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

    "I'm coming, mom," I replied with worry, not knowing if she was in one of her moods.

    When I reached the bottom of the stairway, I saw my mother, who looked very agitated.

    "About time you got down her. Matthew has been in the kitchen waiting for an hour. Lose some weight, fat ass." Mom told me more like yelled at me.

    "I'll take that as a compliment," I replied to my mother while slapping my 'phat ass'

    You see Matthew and I are great friends. We've known each other since diapers, and have been friends since. We grew up together considering we were neighbors.

    Matt was kinda like the popular guy in school that had girls drooling over him. I don't see what they saw in him though. He has light brown eyes, with brunette hair. He was always very nice and caring towards me. Maybe even a little over protective. But he was very cocky at times. I mean, he was a jock (no offense, what do you expect?) he played football #81.

    Next thing I knew, I was brought out of my thoughts by my mother slapping me.

    "Don't be a smart ass!"

    "Don't be an abusive mother!" I yelled.

    I had caught her off guard by saying that. So, I took my chance while I could and ran towards the kitchen, to avoid getting beaten by my mother.

    "Hey, you ready to go?" Matt asked as he brought me into a hug.

    "Yeah. Sorry I took so long, I'll try to be down here faster next time."

"It's ok. You didn't take that long. I had just gotten here when that excuse of a mother yelled for you." He replied with sympathy while we walked out of the house and to his car.

"Alright, so what are we going to do today?" I asked as he opened the door for me to get in. He then proceeded to go around the car and into the driver seat.

"Umm, I'm actually not sure. What do you want to do?" He asked as he sat down.

    "I think we should get something to eat, because I am starving," I said dragging out my last word.

"Yeah, I like that idea. Then we could go to the beach afterwards?" Matt asked. I just looked at him amazement as to how well we knew each other.

"Yeah. That sounds like a great plan. But what about bathing suits?"

"Well. I guess we could go back to your house and mine to get them."

"I'd rather just use one that I left at your house. I don't really want to see my mother right at this moment."

"Oh, that's fine. I have like three of them at the house." He said with a slight chuckle at the end.
    We then proceeded to turn around and head back to his house and grab our bathing suits.

    We finally arrived at Matthew's house. As i entered i was greeted by my dog, Jeep. I know what you're thinking. 'Why in the world is my dog at Matthew's house?' well, you see, my mother is allergic to dogs. She may be abusive, but i still love her, and without her i would have no one except Matt.

    After greeting my cute boxer puppy, I went upstairs with Matt to his room. but when i walked in, he wasn't there. Or so i thought. I was then tackled to the ground by Matt.

"How'd you get behind me?" i asked, because i could have sworn he went up the stairs before me.

"I'm a ninja turtle!" he replied.

"I love tu-" i was then cut off by Matt tickling me.

"St-sto-STOP!" i squealed in between giggles.

"Give me one reason why i should?" he said while looking at me with a devious smirk.

"If you don't i won't come over to your house anymore." I told him with a smile. Knowing i had won. His smirk then dropped and he got off of me.

"Come on lets go to the beech"

"Let me change first, then ill come down"

"Ok. Just don't take too long."

"Excuse me mister," i fake hurt as i put my hand over my heart. "Last time i checked, i had to wait ten minutes until you finished getting ready."

"Ok. Ok. Fair enough. I'll be waiting downstairs."

Once he left the room, i started to get ready. I was wearing an aztec print top with my turquoise bottoms. I put my shorts and crop top back on over top of my bathing suit. I then walked out of Matthew's room and went downstairs to find him sitting on the couch watching the Celtics play.

    "Ready?" He asked as he noticed me standing there.

    "Noooo, I'm just standing here all dressed to go." I replied sarcastically with a slight giggle at the end.

    "Oh, ok. Let's go then" Matt said, as he got off of the couch and started walking to the door.

"I'm so excited!" I said once we were in the car driving.

"Why, we go places all the time?" Matt asked confused.

    "Well, I haven't went to the Beach in forever."

"I took you just last Friday after school." Matt stated

"Yeah, I know. It just seems like it's been fore-" then everything went black.

-

    I wake up in a padded room with no doors or windows. What the hell? Next thing you know I'm out of the room look no for my best friend in what I assume is a hospital. What happened on that car ride to the beach?

    Someone noticed me and start running toward me. Saying I shouldn't be out. What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    Next thing, I'm tackled to the ground and a feel a sharp pinch on my neck and everything goes black again.

-

    I wake up in a panicked, sweaty mess. 

    "That was one hell of a dream"