Chocolates and Boredom

It was that time of the year again. The time where a girl gives chocolates to a boy she likes or admire whether it may be special or obligatory.

Two people were inside the laboratory of Class 3-E making some chemicals and assassination plots for their teacher.

Karma was seated next to Manami, who was brewing something he asked her to do. He silently watched her mix chemicals and write complicated equations on her notebook. Manami on the other hand noticed this and decided to talk to her red head classmate.

 Manami on the other hand noticed this and decided to talk to her red head classmate

"Karma-kun, are you alright? You've been silent ever since we got here." Manami stopped and looked at her classmate.

"Hmm? It's nothing, Okuda-san. Sorry for disturbing you." He replied with bored a expression.

Manami wanted to ask more questions but seeing the red head all gloomy and silent didn't sit right with her. She's used to the normal Karma where he would tease her in some way, but not to the point of humiliating her or crying.

The day ended with them not talking much and Karma is still silent on their way back to home. When the sight of Manami's apartment came in to view they separated both ways, Karma mumbled a goodbye but it wasn't loud enough for the glasses wearing girl to hear.

After that, she went inside her apartment with a gloomy expression. Karma's behavior got to her and it made the mood more depressing. When she entered her room she glanced at the calendar, it was that time of year again much to her dismay.

It was Valentine's day tomorrow and Manami decided to give her friend some chocolates. It took her all night to make them because she wants them to be perfect so that it will cheer up her partner-in-crime; she hopes so.

While making the chocolate, she thought of another idea. An idea that would never ever came in mind and it was a make-over. The thought of lipstick and some other beauty products splashed on her face was enough to make her feel uncomfortable because she's not used to wearing them. She didn't like it, not at all. She would rather mix chemicals and write equations rather than put make up on, but she wanted to surprise Karma; she decided to suck it up and call Kayano.

"Oh Hey! Manami-chan. It's unusual for you to call on this hour, what's wrong?" Kayano said on the other line.

"Uh- Ano uhm...." She couldn't say it. A simple favor and she can't say it. It made her disappointed in herself, but she tried again. Kayano was still waiting for her to talk.

"Kayano-chan, would you uhm...he-help me ge-get a make-over?" She finally said it and she was proud.

"This is for Karma-kun, isn't it?" Kayano smirked on the other line. This caught her off-guard but whatever.

"Yes it is."

"And I'm guessing this is for Valentines too, isn't it?" She caught her again. Clever.