I Need You

It was a hazy day in Daegu, Korea

It was a hazy day in Daegu, Korea. The sun was concealed within the pale clouds which enveloped the sky. There was no breeze, no life; all we could feel was the suffocating humidity present in the air. It wasn't hot enough to be sleeveless, nor was it cold enough to wear a jacket. It was merely an odd day.

Upon the porch of an apartment building was sitting a man who people described astonishingly handsome. That man went by the name Taehyung. His body was slender, seemingly perfect. He had brown hair, and his bangs came down perfectly right above his coffee brown eyes. His skin was most precious; soft and delicate, slightly tanned with a touch of glow in his tone. The smile which was plastered upon his pinkish lips was what distinguished him most from others; it was wide, quite rectangular, and adorable enough to make anyone with a heart smile along with him. He wore a loose, white shirt, a black sweater and a pair of ripped, skinny jeans. Although, something seemed unusual with him today; the twinkle in his eyes was gone, his skin seemed paler than usual and his beautiful, dazzling smile was not present upon his dry lips. Indeed, something was wrong with him; he had broken up with his girlfriend, Minji, three months ago. Since then, he has never been the same.

-January 29th, 2015 (three months earlier)-

The sound of music resonated loudly within the small room, as a large group of adults partied and danced the night away. The party was disastrous; shattered glass covered the plain, beige floor, garlands and toilet paper dangled from the ceiling, confetti flew within the air, the mirror was fragmented, and so on. We could see people holding their plastic, red cups filled with alcohol, talking to each other, clearly drunk. Others seemed already passed out, either on the floor or on the couch. Two men were fighting for God knows what reason, and then there was Taehyung, smiling cheekily with his rectangular smile, sipping the content of his cup.

Since the death of his best friend, Jin, it seems partying and wreaking havoc around town was all he did. He tried hard to forget his pain by having fun, throwing parties, breaking the law, all he could possibly think of, yet nothing seemed to appease his pain. He never bothered telling his girlfriend about it since he didn't wish to burden her with his problems, so he kept it all to himself, living in oblivion of reality. He was a ticking bomb, ready to explode.

Minji dropped by at the party, making her way through the crowd to find Taehyung, yet he was nowhere to be found. She was worried for him, since this kind of behaviour from him has been going on for a while. The place was horrible, and people didn't seem to care as they bumped into her from every side.

-Taehyung?

She called out desperately from the crowd, pushing her way through.

-Tae...

She stopped in her tracks as she saw a sight she thought she would of never witnessed; Taehyung, her boyfriend for over 10 months, was kissing another woman, his arms wrapped around her waist. She couldn't help herself but cry as she stared at him, seeming passionate as the other wrapped her arms around his neck possessively. They seemed so happy, so perfect together. After sighting such a distasteful, yet agonizing scene, she ran away from the party, returning to their shared apartment. He was obviously drunk, but that didn't give Minji a reason to forgive him. That night, in front of his face, she left their apartment, abandoning foolish Taehyung behind, heartbroken.