Waiting

" Hope!!" I heard my Mum shout from the bottom of the stairs. " You're going to be late if you don't hurry up" My Mum, Brooke continued. It was 7.30am and I needed to be leaving the house at 8.00am so I quickly hopped out of bed, ran downstairs and put a round of bread in the toaster. As my bread was toasting I went over to the fridge and poured myself a glass of fresh apple juice and placed it at my seat on the table. Finally I heard the *ping* noise from the toaster and so I rushed over to it, pulled out my toast and placed it on a plate where I then spread Nutella all over it. It got to 7.35am by the time I had finished my breakfast and washed it down with some apple juice, so then I ran briskly up the stairs, managing to face plant the stairs because I had missed some of the steps.

" What on earth was that noise Hope?" My Mum shouted because it must've been pretty loud. I just laughed hysterically because every time I fall over I always have a sudden urge to laugh, " Haha, nothing Mum, I'm fine. I was just being my usual clumsy self and fell up the stairs" I laughed to my Mum.

"Right Hope get a move on!" I bet I sound mad talking to myself but I would be the only one who listens to me basically. Just as that thought went through my head, I picked myself up off the stairs and carried on towards my bathroom. As I walked into the bathroom I couldn't find my toothbrush or toothpaste, then I remembered Mum had been doing some cleaning. " MUUUUM!! " I nervously shouted," Where's my toothbrush and toothpaste" I continued. There was no answer at first until I heard Mum's voice calling back at me " Check the top cupboard, along with your hair products okay?"

"Okay!" I shout back and start searching in the top cupboards and luckily there my toothbrush and toothpaste was, just where Mum had said. The thought of being late made me rush brushing my teeth and so then I slammed my toothbrush on the sink and ran into my bedroom, locked my door and paced over to the wardrobe. As I flung my wardrobe doors open, I could see a different variety of clothes. I couldn't wear joggers, I couldn't wear jeans or leggings, so I decided to pick my blue laced skater dress and my Galaxy print vans. Once I had my dress on and my skin coloured tights on, I slipped on my vans and walked over to my mirror where I seen my brush, headbands and curlers and then other hair accessories.

My first instinct was to straighten my hair but then I thought, No, I think curling it would be far much better, so that's exactly what I did. My phone lit up because I had 2 new messages, one off my Mum which read " Hope, will u hrry up pls I dnt want u being l8 . luv Mum xox" It was embarrassing how she would type on texts, after laughing at that message I then read my second one, it was off my best friend Casey her text read " Hey Hope, hope you have an amazing day! Good Luck and I know you'll knock em dead!! Don't forget to text me if there are any good looking lads ;) See you when you get back, Oh yeah.. After it ring me ASAP to tell me what's happened okay?! Love you!<3" It was so cute how supportive Casey was, I was happy that I forgot what my Mum had text about not being late and lost track of time. I pressed the unlock button on my phone to see the time, it was now 7.50am. I opened up my make up bag and took out my foundation, then my powder, then my mascara and then my eye liner. Everything was done, I was just touching up my eye liner and finally I was ready. I still had 5 minutes to spare, so I made sure I had my CD, purse, pen, phone and everything else I would need and placed them all in my patterned backpack,

" Hope!! Please say you're ready" Mum pleaded hoping I was going to give her the answer she wanted to hear, and I did so I gave her a reassuring " YES", ran downstairs, managing not to fall over this time and ran out to the car where my Mum was sitting, waiting in the drivers seat.