1 week earlier

It was my first day in Cedarwood High School. I looked at my map of the school that the receptionist had handed me when I registered. My mom and me often moved because she wasn't the best at dealing with breakups and always wanted to start fresh. As I wondered the halls, one girl must have noticed I was lost and approached me.

    "Hi. I'm Samantha, but just call me Sam. Do you need help finding a class?" I smile at the small, blonde girl.

    "Sure. Do you know where Chemistry is? Its room 247."

The blondes bright, blue eye light up.

    "Hey! Thats my class! I'll walk you there!"

Sam grabs my arm and starts leading me down the hallway. We seemed to be opposites of each other. She was short, blonde, blue eyed, and wore skirts and heels. I was tall, brunette, green eyed, and wore jeans and chuck taylors. I had a feeling her kindness would be short lived, and she would soon be making fun of me with her group of friends. As we walked into the chemistry room, Sam introduced me to the teacher.

    "Mr. Harper. This is Cederwoods new student..."

She turns to me implying for me to say my name which she had forgotten to ask for.

        "Amber Eldridge." I respond

Mr. Harper turned to open a cupboard behind his desk. He grabbed a chemistry book and handed it to me. I thanked him and turned to Sam. We started walking towards the tables that sat two people to each. Sam stopped at one of the tables towards the middle of the class.

    "Sadly, I already have a chemistry partner, but my brother Alex needs one."

Sam pointed to a ruggedly handsome boy sitting at a table on the other side of the room. I walked over to the table he was sat at. Sam and her brother were very different in appearance. Alex was tall, buff, and had chocolate brown hair that was styled messily. Alex looked at me as I stood at the end of the table. Turns out him and Sam did have one thing similar in appearance. Their eyes. Bright blue and they seemed to shatter into a million pieces. The light reflected off the fragments and danced around.

    "Hey. I'm Amber. Your sister told me you needed a chemistry partner,     and I'm new here so is it okay with you if I sit here?"

Alex looked at me. He said nothing and looked back at his chemistry book.

    "Okay, guess not." I said as I turned to walk away and find another seat.

Alex then reached out and grabbed the chair pulling it out implying for me to take a seat. I turned back and sat down in the chair. I looked over to see if he was going to say something, but he continued to read his chemistry book.