Prologue

Prologue

"Just a little bit longer..." I thought as the suns rays pierced my eyelids, attempting to wake me from a heavy sleep. I'd been having a somewhat vivid dream of myself getting my very own Pokemon...

I jumped and my eyes darted open. Today was my tenth birthday, which meant I would finally be able to get a Pokemon all for myself and go on my own Pokemon journey!

"Yeah! Today's the--" I started, but my sentence wasn't finished.

I looked around me to see beautiful, green oak trees, bathing in the scorching summer's rays. On the ground were many berry bushes, tall grass, and a few beautiful lakes. The sky was clear, minus the flock of Pidgey being led off into the sky by a Pidgeot.

I had never seen Pidgey or Pidgeot at home.

I searched frantically for someone, ANYONE. The world became a messy blur of colours as I began to panic. I shouted for help numerous times, begging for someone to help make sense of what was going on.

"Hey, calm down there!" came a voice from behind me. I jumped and turned to find a small, green, bug-type Pokemon called Caterpie, who wore a small blue fragment of... something, around its neck.

"What's wrong?" asked the small bug-type in concern. I jumped back in shock at the speaking Pokemon. Caterpie were definitely not supposed to talk. No Pokemon was.

I tried to breathe slowly. "Y-you can talk?!" I asked, still obviously bewildered.

The Caterpie frowned in confusion. "Er... of course," he said, "Nearly all Pokemon can understand each other."

"But I'm not a Pokemon!" I shouted, panicked. What on earth could this Caterpie be talking about? How on earth could he be talking about it?

The Caterpie looked confused and worried. "I, uh... Y-you're a regular Eevee, if I've seen one. A-are you okay?" he stammered.

My eyes widened and the speed of my breathing started to pick up. I bolted towards the nearest of the beautiful lakes.

"Where are you going?!" shouted the Caterpie.

I came to a halt in front of the lake and looked down at it. What I saw horrified me.

There, in the lake, staring back at me with terror in its eyes was a brown and cream coloured dog-like Pokemon.

I was an Eevee.

__________

There you have it! The hugely updated prologue to the rewrite of my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. I'm excited to see this story become far better than it ever was. Anyway, there won't be a Character Creation Contest for a while now, I'm afraid but nonetheless I hope you enjoy the story!

This chapter is dedicated to Evvycat whose own Pokemon story inspired me to rewrite this one. Seriously though, she's really good at writing, and I'd highly recommend checking out her profile.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Evvycat