●Fifteen: Hellish Deposition●

Welp

:)

☆☆☆☆

"Momoi-chan~"

The pinkette looked up from her monitor, "Mibuchi-san! How's (Y/N)?! And the case? That Haizaki is such a prick!"

"Not well. I know, right? I don't know much about that troublesome guy so I'm kind of drawing a blank here." The dark haired man pouted. Momoi slapped her palm on her chest,

"Ah, well I do! As a matter of fact, we're from the same middle school too! I can help find out a few things about him!"

"Really?! That's great! I feel for our little (Y/N). She may not show it but I think she's terrified."

Momoi smiled in agreement. She would do anything to assist her boss and have her back.

"Haizaki is the type who would resort to all means in the most deceptive way even if he needs to stoop so low just to have it. He's most likely in it for the money he'll be awarded if he actually wins this case. I, myself, can vouch that he doesn't take things seriously and he never does any work. He's making something out of a small grudge and retribution."

"I'll keep that in mind. Thanks, Momoi-chan!"

"I'm not done yet. I'll personally go investigate his previous evaluation in the legal profession." She huffed before organizing her things. Mibuchi gave her a thumbs up before leaving.

"Hmm...(Y/N) won't mind me using her credit card, will she?"

☆☆☆☆

The judge fixed her glasses as she scanned the courtroom.

"I'm ready to hear witnesses."

With that, both you and Haizaki took turns on the stand, telling your side of the occurrence, him going first.

"I don't think I'll be able to forget the incident."

Your eye twitched.

"It wasn't an incident. It was an office Christmas party."

"There was an open bar, and I was having a great time." He shared coyly, making you roll your eyes at him.

"I was swamped with end-of-the-year paperwork, but I decided to take a break, make an appearance, and grab a slice of cake." You spoke professionally.

"Ms. (L/N) invited me to her office and I figured she just wanted to do some work. But then she shut the door."

You growled, "He followed me back to my office. I never closed the door. The walls were made of glass, what's the point?"

He continued, "I couldn't refuse. She's a senior associate. I didn't think anyone would believe me. That's when I took out my phone and hit record."

"What kind of person records their boss eating cake?" You threw your palm up in the air to make your point, "He should be the one on trial, not me."

"I can't get a job, I can't sleep. My doctor said I have post-traumatic stress."

'This pathetic piece of shit.' You couldn't believe the nerve of this guy.

Snorting, you remarked snidely, "The only thing being stressed is the truth. He was an incompetent employee. As a liar, not so bad." You didn't like how this was going. You had a feeling they had something up their sleeves, considering how that fucked up guy showed up out of nowhere and brought you into this mess. You silently cursed when you saw his lawyer stand up with a triumph look on her.