Chapter 1

It was always the same. The man with the big muscles and dirty clothes walked by every day at the same time. It had been like that since a few months ago.

Castiel, naturally, figured he was homeless.

It wasn't uncommon on the streets of the city to see people just wandering, no where really to be. This man, he wouldn't have any job to get to. Because, well, he seemed... A bit crazy. Not in a psychotic way, he just talked to himself. A lot. Almost every time Castiel had seem him he'd been talking.

It was a slow Sunday, and sure enough, around five fifteen, the man walked by. He wasn't talking to himself this time, so Castiel figured now was the best time to do it.

He walked to the glass store front and tapped the window.

The man stopped walking and turned around curiously. He saw Castiel and waved, but when he beckoned him in, he looked thrilled.

"Hey, what's going on?" He asked.

"I'm Castiel, I'm just..." He stopped. Sometimes people got offended by handouts. This man sure seemed to look the type, but his smiling face said otherwise. Better stay safe though.

"I'm just trying out a new recipe. I have a pie in the back, butterscotch cinnamon, and I was wondering if you'd like to try it before it goes out."

"Wow, that actually sounds great. To what do I owe the honor?" He asked.

"I see you walk by every night, so I figured I'd stop you today." Castiel explained.

"Are you sure? I have money, I can pay for it if-"

"No no, this is on me. I need a new taste tester." Castiel said. Dean smiled wide and ducked his head almost shyly.

"Alright, hey this could work. I'm Dean, by the way. I should introduce myself if I'm eating your food." Dean smiled. Cas smiled back.

"Stay right there, I'll go get it." Castiel said. He walked swiftly to the back and picked up the new pan. He had been meaning to try this one later, but Dean being the first one to try it was even better. He's have different taste buds, and maybe a different opinion.

"Alright, here you go." He said, setting down the pie in front of him. It was still hot, and Dean breathed in deep, trying to smell in.

"This looks incredible Cas, but..." Dean stopped.

"What is it?"

"I can't accept a whole pie man, that's too much. I mean, not too much, I'd eat myself sick, but I'd feel bad eating off this whole pie without paying you something." Dean said. Cas nodded and went to the counter, bending over and retrieving a plastic knife and some forks.

Cas walked back and cut into the pie sloppily, cutting two pieces, one large and one smaller, and Dean followed his lead. He pulled two napkins from the container on the small table and put one in front of each of them. Castiel served the slices and scooted his own chair in. He handed Dean a fork and smiled.

"Better?"

"Yeah, this is great." Dean said. He took a bite of his pie first, and he moaned as he chewed.

"Is that good or bad? Did I put in salt instead of sugar?! Oh god, I-"

"Cas, shush, this is amazing. Holy shit, this is- Christ. This rivals apple pie." Dean said.

Cas relaxed and sat back to try his. It was good, it could use whipped cream, but it was good on its own. Dean acted like it was the best thing on the planet, as he scarfed his down.

"You know, if this was ice cream, I'd be in the hospital from brain freeze." Dean joked. Cas smiled and took another bite of his.

"Is it really that good?" Castiel asked.