~

I sat there and stared blankly out of the hospital window at the dark and cloudy sky. Correction, insane asylum window. I'm not crazy. But they are stuck on the mindset that I am. I didn't do anything out of an unstable mindset. I knew exactly what I was doing.
"Ms. Macy, it's time for your appointment with Dr. Johnson's." I nod to the grey haired nurse and walk to the shrink's office.
"Hello! How are you today?"
"I'm not crazy."
"Of course you're not! You didn't mean to do it. You're just not in the right mindset." I scoff. Do they really believe that? I knew what I was doing. It was on purpose. I think back to three weeks ago, James had broken up with me for Holly, my "best friend". Alice, my other "friend" decided she agreed with them, that I am "crazy". I went home after school and decided that all of this was too much to handle; I couldn't see any of them again. I was going to deal with it myself. I snuck into my parents room, grabbed the handgun off the top shelf of the closet and put it in my purse. After tomorrow I would never have to see them again.
"Macy," I look up to see Dr. Johnson looking at me. "Are you okay?" She looks concerned.
"I'm fine. But I don't belong here. I'm not crazy!" I snap. She just nods and looks a her computer screen.

I walk into school early that Tuesday morning. I see James, Holly, and Alice gathered around Holly's locker. I pull out the gun and put it to my head, just then James looks up.
"MACY!" Dr. Johnson pulls me out of my thoughts.
"What?" I say unamused.
"We need to discuss a new treatment plan. I don't think the therapy is working."
"I am fine!" She nods and starts to write something down.

"Macy! Put the gun down!" He says calmly. "Don't hurt yourself. Please." He pleads. I laugh and pull the gun from myself and point it at him.
"You're so stupid," I laugh! "Did you really think I was going to hurt myself?"

BANG!

"JAMES!" Holly cries.
"You shouldn't have stolen my boyfriend. Nice girls don't steal. But dead girls can't steal."

BANG!

"Macy! Why did you do that?" Alice looks terrified. I laugh.
"I don't like stealer and backstabbers, Alice. Now, are you really just going to stand there?"
"Wh-"

BANG!

"Macy! I think maybe we better start you on some better medicine."
"Maybe you're right. Drug me more! I'm not crazy though. I knew what I was doing when j killed them! I WANTED THEM DEAD!" I yell. Dr. Johnson hands me a pink pill. I take it and walk into the cafeteria. I'm furious! I am not crazy! I notice a shard knife. I know there's only one way for everyone to believe me. I grab the knife and slip it into my robe. I am headed for the door when the grey haired nurse stops me.
"Where are you going, sweetheart?"
"Oh, I forgot something in Dr. Johnson's office." She nods and let's me pass. I walk down the hall and into the office.
"Oh! Macy? You scared me. What are you doing here?" I begin to cackle. I pull out the knife.
"Macy, put that down. You don't need to hurt yourself. You're not in the right state of mind."
"Why does everyone assume I'm going to hurt myself?" I laugh. I lunge at her and begin to stab her. Soon I am covered in blood. Nurses and security swarm in and pull me off her lifeless body.
"Why did you do this?"
"Because," I laugh maniacally, "I am not crazy!"