Captured

"Nobody leaves the camp without a Full-grown Horse." Mira, the leader mare neighed out strictly. "And if a Full-grown horse ventures out alone, they must have another one with them for safety.'' She continued. Blue, a young quarter horse with rare blue/grey coating was sleeping under the large willow tree when her mother, Hazel,  called her. "Blue! Wake up! Your missing the meeting." She yelled out from the crowd of horses. Blue groaned and got up unto all fours and trot into the herd gathering. "As I was saying, If one does venture out alone, punishments WILL be made. No exceptions." Mira jumped off her meeting rock and trot past them and into her den. Blue watched her leave and walked up to her mother quickly "It's not our fault the foals went missing. I don't see why we need to be taken all the blame for!" Blue stomped agitated. "Blue dear, she's not blaming us for anything. She just wants us to be safe so no other foals go missing." Her mother replied softly. "Even if they come back, it still doesn't mean we'll not take precaution." Her mother explained. Blue nodded and trot passed her towards her best friend Susie.

"Hey, what's up." Blue neighed as she walked up to her best friend. "Nothing much, but i'm really nervous about the foals disappearing. I mean, what if it happens to us!" She snorted and paced around. Blue rolled her eyes "Susie, really? You think strong little fillies like us are going to disappear and not find our way back?" She laughed. Susie stomped and replied a little angry "You don't know what took them. But i'm pretty sure it's not going to be as easy as that!" Susie started bucking some. Blue stomped her hooves "Calm down! Were safe all being here together. I know the foals were taken here but it still doesn't mean anything. More then likely, we'll catch them again before they take anymore of us." Blue smiled and nudged Susie. "It will be ok."

Blue ventured towards her den. Although it wasn't actually a den, the large willow tree did provide shelter and protection. "Blue, are you hungry?"  Hazel said concerned as Blue walked under the tree. "Yeah, a little. This fall all the grass has been dyeing quicker and I didn't even know until now." Blue replied. "Ok then. I'll take you to the Springs and we can get some grass there. More grows there because the Springs keep it wealthy with water." Hazel said joyfully as she walked out from under tree. Blue smiled and followed her willingly. Hazel turned her head to look a Blue "Wait here a second." Hazel said as she trot into Mira's den. Mira woke frantically and asked what she was doing. "I was hoping I could take Blue out and get some grass from the Springs.'' Hazel replied nervously. Mira stood up and looked at her "Take Mercury with you" She pointed over at the deputy who was sleeping in his den. "He'll give you extra protection." She said and layed back down without waiting for a reply. Hazel obeyed and went over and got the deputy awake. Then they were on their way.

Blue sipped at the warm water seeping out of the ground. She had never visited the Springs before, but it was much better than at camp. Mid green grass and hot water, pretty much all their was. In the summer horses usually avoided the Springs because the water would start boiling and blister their hooves. But the fall time was the perfect time to eat and drink whatever you need, which Blue did. After she ate her full she trot around curiously about the Springs. The warm spongy ground squished between her hooves which tickled and made her giggle so often. Hazel trot up to her "No more fun and games Blue, we must be getting back soon before nightfall." She said promptly. Blue nodded with a smile and galloped back to the camp. The wind blowing her mane and tail made them soar with fury. Once she arrived she walked under the tree and got ready to lay down when her mom scolded her. "Did you not hear me say 'Stop?' continuously!?" Hazel said angrily. Her green eyes were wide with distress. "No... I didn't. I couldn't hear you because of the wind." Blue said sadly. She hung her head down. Hazel puffed "Well, you shouldn't have ran so far from us! We were worried sick because we couldn't see you!" Hazel flicked her ears waiting for a response. "I'm sorry." Blue said quietly and tears flow out of her eyes. "Well, maybe you have learned your lesson." Hazel stomped out from under the tree and trot to the deputy's den. Blue watched and sobbed herself to sleep.