Subtle Mist

Chrome still remembered what it was like, living at the edge of her life, hanging like a thread at the end of the line, waiting for death to come.

Her breaths shuddered as she breathed, taking each gasps greedily.

Her eye, the only one that is still functioning, blinked away tears, enduring the pain from losing her organs.

She felt weak and hopeless. She was abandoned by her own parents, her flesh and blood, to die a lonely death. No comfort or sweet talks saying it's alright, even if it's not. No screaming at doctors, pleading them to save her even though it's useless, like those dramas she saw once. No tears flowing down a worried face, hoping for a miracle that will never come. Nothing.

She lay there, still. Waiting for total darkness to consume her.

And it did.

Only to lead her into a field full of willow trees, its dangling vines dancing in the winds.

There, she met him. The man who saved her life. Mukuro.

With a new name given to her by Mukuro, she started a new life, becoming a vessel for him, should he wish to appear from the other side of the world.

She met two of Mukuro's followers, Ken and Chikusa, at an abandoned building called Kokuyo Hospital.

She never met Tsuna until Mukuro told her to attend the battle for the other half of the mist ring she was wearing after Mukuro took over.

She met Tsuna and gave him a kiss, a greeting she learned from her mother once. She called him boss because it seems Mukuro is attached to him.

She fought with all her strength, not wanting to lose, but that weird baby destroyed her trident, which in return destroyed the connection she was sharing with Mukuro.

Collapsing from losing her illusionary organs, she slowly fade to darkness as Mukuro took over her body.

When she woke up, she saw Tsuna staring at her with concern. He asked her if she's alright but she only waved him away, not used to the attention she's receiving from him.

Besides, who would be concerned of a weak girl that depend on illusionary organs?

With that in mind, she kept her distance from Tsuna and his friends, saying that she only needs Mukuro, Ken and Chikusa and no one else. She was afraid of being abandoned again.

But Tsuna was truly concerned of her, even Kyoko and Haru. Slowly, Chrome opened herself to them, still unsure but not afraid anymore.

From then on, she made friends with them and they slowly became her new family.

Now, as one of Vongola's Mist Guardian, she permanently became a member of the Vongola Family. But she knew that she had already became their family from the start. Even Mukuro.

Because even if Vongola won't accept her, Tsuna would still want her.

After all, the one who brought these group of people, these group of misfits together, was Tsuna. And Chrome knew from the bottom of her heart that Tsuna would die first than be apart from them, because that is what she is feeling.

And so, she must say her thanks properly. Her teacher once taught her that it is common courtesy to thank people who helped us. That's why she would give him these flowers. Not only to thank him for helping her, but also for giving her a new family.