Prologue

I stare into the depths of the dark pit in front of me. It's so deep that I can't even see where it ends. A shiver runs down my spine from the cold, but I don't mind the feeling. My blood-red eyes scan the environment, once.. twice.. Making sure that no one is near me, that no one can see me or what I'm doing. No one can know about my plan, about my will to make the world a better place. They will try to stop me, because they are too ignorant to see that this will work. That this is the only way that the earth can be saved. 

By destroying the human kind. 

Once I've checked my surroundings one last time and I'm 100 percent sure that there's no one around me, I look down into the pit once again. My eyes squint in concentration and I stab my nails in the ground - to stand a bit more secure. I let out a small growl. In my head I yell the words that I learned earlier today. I've summoned thousands of dark creatures before, but I've never been in need of a ritual. However, for creating an opening for the entirety of hell - for all the dark creatures to be able to escape - a ritual was needed. It's the darkest magic that my kind knows and no one has ever succeeded. Only a few have survived trying it. 

A bright, blue light makes the pit suddenly glow. And slowly a thick, black fog rises up from the depths of it. I look at the fog with doubt, but don't take a step back. The fog becomes bigger and eventually it covers almost the entire field. The only source of light is blue glow. The light slowly dims and disappears. It's completely dark now. But I'm not worried, not at all. 

Because I know that I've succeeded.