Chapter 1: How it all began

*Bang, Bang* The sound of the gun startled me as I let it slip out of my hand. All I could do was stare while the life slowly drained out of his body. When he finally took his last breath, I sat on the old chair in the barn and shook. Is this really what I had become? What was I? The word murderer quivered on my tongue as I struggled to get it out. Had I really become....a MURDERER?

Growing up, I was told that I was polite, kind, giving, etc. Everyone adored me. They told me that I would grow up to be a wonderful young adult and live a full life. Throughout elementary, I achieved nothing less than Banner Roll. I was always in class and received perfect attendance every year. Middle school came around and it was pretty much the same, except that time, I joined clubs and earned plenty of awards. I was in French club, Debate, Quiz Bowl, Math club, Beta; basically anything intellectual and time consuming, I was in it. High school just added to my collection. I continued with all my clubs and joined some sports. I took all advanced classes and graduated top of my class. My mom and dad couldnt have been more proud. My life was perfect from my perception......and then came college.

Now, college is no joke. It takes patience, willpower, hope, and a lot of studying to make it. Don't get me wrong, my grades were still up to par, and I was still enjoyin some extracurriculars, but it became very stressful. Trying to maintain a full-time job, be a full-time student, and focus on extracurriculars, made me start losing my sanity. I could never relax. Even when I slept, I dreamed of everything I had to do. My mind was constantly working and freaking out all at the same time. Then, one day when I was just about to throw it all away and lose my mind completely, he came along.