Beware

By Shairyl Srivastava

How can I have fear I thought to myself when I was accompanied by one of the strongest and bravest man by my side. My legs were shaking in my boots as we went closer and closer to the habitat. Grabbing my wooden spear I still felt as if I was unarmored because I knew it will take more to defeat something that is more furious than any other land animal on this planet. With my shivering body I walked awkwardly into the Amazon forest. All our camp sites and many members of our group were killed harshly from the unknown.

The animal population was decreasing by a blink. That was our mission for us to hunt for the problem but then we found ourselves hunting for something else. Our rescue helicopter hadn't come from one month since last time they communicated with us. We were alone and there was no safe place for us to rest and find our food properly. Every time we were not alert we could see the red eyes staring at us from the thorny bushes. There was no choice for us, be the hunter or be the hunted. But we were still walking cautiously for the predator, as we went closer to the pine tree we could see its "L" shaped tail. We could tell it by its movement that it's busy feeding its babies. Tom by my side was aiming his weak bowed arrow at the devils body. As he fired we backed away into the bushes. Nothing happened. We were perplexed of the present scenario. Out of the blue, the animal dropped from the tree and started investigating. We ducked down, and waited for the creature to go back to its habitat.

It was merely about to get dark and we were exhausted. We lit up some firewood and sat attentively with our spears in one hand. Tom picked up a stick and started drawing a map. He invited me in his self discussion and said that we can get food supply and weaponry from our camp site to stay safe. But we had an obstacle in our way. We had not seen the animal properly as it is so quick and fast.

The sun had risen from the east and we were off to our camp site. We were feeling very lucky because we were using the fast flowing river as our route. But suddenly the bush started shaking on the river bank then it was followed by a fin poking out of the water's surface. Tom and I hurriedly swam to the edge of the river. We thought we were safe but we were wrong. The animal jumped high from the river and splattered on the ground. We were flabbergasted to see our sight. It was a SHARK. It was able to breathe in air. We had no time to waste and think about it. We picked up our pace and started running. We were shadowed every step of the way from the creature. We were hoping that we were following our route. But suddenly Tom started hearing some chopper noises. We rushed to see and we were delighted to see that it was a chopper. We hastily ran and jumped on the helicopter. The helicopter took off and Tom and I dared not looked down. As we passed the river we knew that this nightmare was over.