●Eighteen: Red●

//clings tightly to Akashi

I'll never cheat on you bby

//randomly finds a hot ass pic of le other bae

Fak lyfe why you do dis to me

☆☆☆☆

Midorima gulped down the red bean soup from the can, wandering around outside the hospital. Taking a gander of his surroundings, there were a few patients in their wheelchairs and injured ones with casts or crutches.

He choked on his drink when he stumbled on a trash bin he failed to notice that was in his way.

"Oh, Midorima-sensei! Are you OK?" An elderly woman asked, approaching him with a slightly worried look. He held up a hand as he continued coughing before looking up at her, recognizing her as the gardener that always tends to the flower beds.

"N-Niekawa-san? Yes, I'm OK." He answered though feeling his eyes sting at the sensation, throwing the can into the bin.

'Even the red bean soup distracts me.' He thought in agitation.

Niekawa laughed, patting his strong back.

"It's unusual for you to be in a daze. I've always seen you so serious and focused, looking out for the hospitalized children that play in the backyard in the mornings."

He stiffened in embarrassment, "I don't know what you're talking about. I just needed some air." He pushed up his glasses, feeling shy about being caught.

"So what's on your mind, child?" Niekawa sat on the bench nearby, patting the empty space beside her as if ushering him to occupy it which he did.

"Just a few things involving work." He lied through his teeth, shoving his hands inside the pocket of his doctor's coat.

"That's what my son always used to say whenever he and his wife fought." She smiled coyly, giving him a knowing face.

"Mothers know best, huh?" He muttered lowly, looking away tensely. He wasn't really that fond of having conversations with people he wasn't close to, feeling his personal space in utter discomfort but fortunately he didn't mind old people that much.

"Do you have a special someone?"

He paused for several seconds before answering.

"Something like that."

The elderly woman gasped in excitement, "Oh, do tell about her, sensei! What's she like?" She probed with keen interest, awaiting his reply.

Before Midorima knew it, words automatically came out of his mouth,

"She's an emotional, whiny, and handful blockhead who sleeps with her mouth open. She's smart and knows her way around the law. She may seem innocent and nice but she can be the spawn of Satan when you least expect it. She likes to drink a lot even when I tell her not to overdo it. She's highly persistent if things don't go her way and she sympathizes with people too much, taking things personally. She's easily distressed and doesn't like it when people try to pressure her. She's too lazy to cut her own nails that I mostly have to do it for her....but she can be sweet in the end." He rambled without stopping, you'd think he was doing a tongue-twister.

Niekawa giggled at the flustered man next to her.

"You sure know a lot about her. She sounds like an interesting and pleasant one. You speak as if you find her annoying but the look on your face says otherwise. It's good that you managed to deal with her after all this time."