I'll Always Be Your Friend!

INTRODUCTION

          It was the last day of school, as the six weeks holiday was about to commence.  They sat in the classroom, happy, chatting about what they would fill their time doing.  Everybody in the class was friends, even though they would pair off in their usual buddy groups.  Angela gathered in her group, her best friends Ali and Fran, laughing over nothing as usual.

          Their teacher allowed them to play music, cards, whatever their hearts desired, as long as they behaved themselves.  They were usually a good bunch, as Mr Oxford could leave them for long periods, coming back to find the classroom still standing.

          Boys were the subject, as their raving hormones, being fifteen raged ravenously through their bodies.  Who fancied who!  Who wanted to go out with whom!  Who was the best looking, and so on!

          Cinema, Skating, Fun fair, the choice was endless as they planned to meet each other at one another's houses.

          Angela knew she would be burdened down with housework, but didn't want to think about it.  This was her last day of fun with her friends.

          Steven Oxford was a very nice man, young teacher, fairly good looking.  It wasn't easy working in an all-girls school.   But he loved the girls that he had in his class.  He was like a friend, a father, but always a teacher, although the girls would always try to tease him!

          He'd share stories with them, making them laugh till tears came running down their cheeks, and they would tell him tales of their lives too.  Nothing was a secret; he trusted them, as they did him.

          Before they knew it, the last bell of the day had rung.  Everybody hugged one another, even their teacher.  Everybody checked to make sure they had that crucial telephone number.  Although it wasn't the end of school life, they still decided to throw eggs and flour at each other,  just  having a laugh before they left one another for the summer break.

1

Angela now sat in her room with her eight year old cousin playing schools.  She loved teaching younger children, one day hoping to be a teacher of young ones herself.

The sun beamed down outside, making the room heat up, as the sweat started forming on their brows.

"Come on, let's play outside."  Angela announced.

"Can we play two balls?"  Her cousin Leona asked.  Angela smiled, thinking she hadn't played that in years.

"Oh yes, that's great.  Get the balls in the box over there.  We can play around the corner, there's a big wall there.  Let me tell my dad first!"  Angela went off to ask her father's permission, coming back with a big smile on her face.