"To slander Him (Holy Spirit) is to slander God." part 1

"To slander Him (Holy Spirit) is to slander God." – Dr. John Macarthur

All throughout church history there is massive arguments about the Deity of Christ and about His Divinity. There are heresies that encompass the Church in the early church age, such as Arianism (denied the divinity of Christ), Anomeanism (from the Greek word animoios, held that the Son was "unlike" the Father), Monophysitism (denies the true human nature of Christ) and many other like these that attack the deity of Christ. But today, in our modern-day era, the attack about Christ's divinity and deity can be seen as very obscure and obsolete. Very rarely we can see that the Son is under such attack as similar as in the past. What is 'trending' now on our culture is the rampant abuse, denial, and mockery against the Third Person of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit.

As Dr. John Macarthur says, "The Holy Spirit is equal in essence, majesty, and power to both the Father and the Son .... Sadly, many within evangelicalism have silently watched the desecration take place. If God the Father or God the Son were mocked in this way, evangelicals would surely protest. Why should we be any less passionate for the glory and honor of the Spirit?" The charismatic, though they do not deny the deity and divinity of the Holy Spirit, they 'abuse' and mock it because of their lack of knowledge about the true work of the Holy Spirit. You can hear verses that now become clichés of the Charismatic about filled with the Spirit, but they do not even understand base on scripture, what it means to be that of being filled with Spirit.

On the other side, if within the Charismatic circles the Spirit is misused, abused, and mocked, many so-called 'churches' deny the deity and the Person of the Holy Spirit.

They just not deny the deity of Christ but they even deny the deity of the Holy Spirit and of course, the essential doctrine of the Trinity as well. Though one of their issues is the deity of Christ, we overlook their other heretical claim that the Holy Spirit is just a mere force.