Chapter 1: The Right Time

As I was walking into my 7th grade classroom, I looked around, remembering the old smell of dust and body oder. A smell I remembered greatly from the year before.

I sat down, at my dusty old desk, thinking about my former students."Wow", I thought,"I'm gonna miss those kids." I logged into my computer to see who was in my classes. I was scrolling through each period, unhappy because all of the people didn't seem very interesting, until I stumbled across a name. Jesus.

"I remember this name," I mumbled quietly. "I just don't know where." I was interrupted by a fellow teacher, Terri.

"Hey Cindy, are ya excited for the new year?" Terri Ehlers asked enthusiastically, like always."Go away Terri," I sneered at her. She was the most annoying teacher at the school. She was 5'3, and she looked like one of those 40 year old soccer moms. "Fine grumpy pants, looks like you didn't get any of the summer" Terri squealed, walking out.

The truth was, I hadn't gotten any that summer. Or any summer in fact. I hadn't told very many people about who I really was. People just thought I was a lonely grumpy old women who hates kids. I'm really a lesbo. I couldn't tell anybody, or else my whole reputation would have been ruined. That all changed later that year.

I got up, refilling my water bottle already, because I had drunken it all trying to quench my never ending thirst. As I left the room, I ran into a friend, Elizabeth. I've been jealous of her for so long, or as long as she's been here. Everyone likes her. And I mean EVERYONE. "Hey Cindy, where are you going?" She said, pissy like she always does. She really isn't the fun loving teacher everyone thinks she is. She's always in a bad mood, being fake to everyone. She talks about everyone behind their back, that's why I didn't tell her my secret.

"Sorry, I'll get out of you way," I said, turning my head down. "Just because your a lesbian doesn't mean you can run into me whenever you want." I froze in my place, trying to comprehend what I just heard. "How did she find out?" I asked myself in my head. "Hey asshole, I found out from Sadie." "Who the hell's Sadie," I questioned, confused.

That's when Liz walked away, swagger in her step. I can't stand it when she does that. The question is, who's Sadie? I don't think I've ever met a Sadie besides one of my old students.

I walked into Alyssa's room, without knocking. "Hey sweet cheeks," Alyssa said smirking. "What are you talking about," I asked, sitting on the new wooden table. "I just wanted you to know, I really care about you," she said, caressing my old, wrinkly cheek. "Not here Alyssa, we can't," I whispered.

"Why not baby, no one will knowwww." "Alyssa you know I want to, but what if Dana catches us?" I asked, staring gently into her eyes. "Baby, she won't, I promise," Alyssa said, wrapping her arms around me.

"What do you think you're doing?" A voice said from across the room. I turned and saw the one person I had been dreading seeing for the past month. "Nothing Dana, I just missed Cindy, that's all," Alyssa laughed. I knew the truth. We were madly in love, how couldn't we? I had been only around her for one year, but I already knew she was the one for me.
,
"As long as you aren't doing anything...I hope" Dana mumbled walking out of Alyssa's room. "That was close," I said breaking away. "Please stay, I missed you," Alyssa whispered in my hearing aid. I walked out, not looking back. I walked back into my room, sitting back down in my seat.

Tom, the gym teacher, ran into my room, stopping himself. Tom was 63, very short. He looked very old, older then me. "Cindy, I need your help again," he said panting. "What is it now, you know I can't be seen with you," I said, rolling my eyes. "They found my camera's again," Tom whispered, wide eyed. "Not again," I said walking out of my room.

The story behind this, is back in 2005, Tom was caught with cameras and tapes, he put in the girls locker room. It's really not his fault. He's got an addiction, I've tried to get him help, but nothing worked. His whole house was swarmed with the police. The school gave him a deal, a very fair deal. They wouldn't fire him, or tell anybody about his.......tapes, as long as he hired a co teacher for him. I never understood why they asked for that, but Spalla (Tom) went along with it, trying to run from his crimes.

"They-they," Tom said trying to get the words out. He was obviously flustered. He ran to his and Jordan's office (the co teacher). He pulled out the tapes, fumbling with them. "Give them to me," I said, snatching the tapes from his hands, do exactly what I tell you. Take these tapes, run them to Mike's room, and get the cameras and put them in there too," I ordered, looking into his eyes. He nodded, running down the hall.

"What's up with him?" Jordan asked, showing no interest at all. "Nothing, it's nothing," I said, trying to get out of the conversation. "Ok," he said, turning back to his phone, happy with my short answer. That ay had already g SWotten off to a bad start. But it only got worst.