Chapter One

Amelia was stuck inside again. She should have known this would happen but she let her imagination get the better of her. She was reading her favourite book though so it could have been worse. At least she wasn't bored.

After about an hour of her just reading her social worker Jem came in. "Amelia, there's someone here for you." she said smiling.
"Who? Really?" she asked. No one ever came for her. Jem just smiled happily and nodded with an excited smile ushering Amelia out of the room into the office.

The office was a fairly large room which was good as it meant that everyone fitted in. It had pale blue walls and a purple ceiling and white wooden flooring. There was a desk in the centre of the room that was permenantly covered in papers. Jem wasn't the most organised person but she seemed to always find what she needed. Next to the desk there were several chairs.

Once Amelia entered the room she gasped. Sitting on two of the chairs were Avi Kaplan and Mitch Grassi. Jem nudged her in smiling.
"Hi, you must be Amelia! I'm Avi and this is my husband Mitch. But from what Jem says you already know that." Avi laughed as he stood to hug her. Amelia just nodded unable to speak. Mitch then got up to hug her too.
"Hi Amelia! Are you okay?" he asked quietly. Amelia nodded.
"Yeah, just... surprised. I never expected anyone to even consider me - let alone two of my favourite singers." she said causing them all to laugh before Avi's face changed to a superfrown.
"Why did you say you never thought someone would want you?" he asked sadly. Amelia just pointed to her head and her wheelchair before looking down at her knees sadly. Avi quickly rushed to her and hugged her tightly as did Mitch.
"Amelia, listen to me. You're amazing and your disability doesn't change that at all. We love you and so do so many other people! Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong and stupid and you need to not listen to them!" he said quietly but with such strong passion in his voice that she couldn't help but try to believe him.

They spent about 3 hours talking after that and getting to know each other better. Mitch and Avi also asked her how her Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus affected her.
"Amelia we have to go now, we have a show in a couple of hours. But before we go we have a question... would you like to be our daughter?" Mitch asked looking hopeful. Avi looked scared at first but as soon as Amelia nodded he grinned and they all hugged before Avi and Mitch left.
"We'll let you pack tonight but we'll be here to pick you up at 11 tomorrow. Okay?" Avi said. Amelia nodded as she waved them goodbye.