Judal x Reader {Do You Love Me?}

Judal gripped her hand, and felt her pulse gradually getting weaker. The girl that was lying on her back, blood pooling out for, her side, was his favorite human in the Kou castle. And she was dying.

"Judal...sama?" Judal tightened his grip, nodding, not able to speak for the time being. "I've...I have always wanted to tell you something," she said, her voice soft.

"You idiot!" Judal said. "Stop it! You are not dying. I will not allow it. As a Magi, I won't! I'll ask the Rukh to heal you. They'll do my bidding!"

"Judal-sama," the girl said, smiling. "You can't. You know you can't. You need to save it for when you go to the front lines. They'll need the vast amount of Rukh then." Judah scowled.

"I don't ca-"

"Judal-sama?" she asked. "Could you hear me out?" Judal stiffened, but nodded slowly.

"I...the First Prince is your favorite human being in the Kou Empire, right?" she asked. Judal, not wanting to lie, but also having stubborn pride, nodded again. "I see...but I still do want to tell you this." She took a deep, shaky breath, and some blood trickled out of the corner of her mouth.

"I was foolish, Judal-sama." Tears rolled down her cheeks, and the salty liquid wiped away some of the battlefield grime from her face.

"I thought I was your favorite," she said, her voice a bit louder and wobbly. "But I should have known. Even when we did...that, I knew you'd never, ever love me. Never once have you looked at me in love or kindness. Just lust and want."

Her smile wavered. "That was when I realized; you don't love anyone. Only wanting to love in a world full of war. I cried, Judal-sama. I'm sorry for crying when I knew that you'd never love me." Judal was speechless. She had cried? And he had not known?

"I tried to keep a distance. Before we went to this war, how I would avoid you? Not respond to you? I couldn't face you, knowing that you didn't love me and and did that with me was unbearable. I decided to bury my feelings. But when you said you were going to war, I followed. Kougyoku-sama was kind enough to let me hide with her."

Judal fisted his free hand. Damn the princess-she should've stopped the servant!

"Then I saw you, Judal-sama. And there, in the middle of such a battle, with people dying all around me, I remembered something. There was simply no way. There was no way I could deny my feelings for you."

"I love you, Judal-sama." Judal's eyes widened.

"You idiot...what are you saying?" he asked.

"I'm saying I love you," she repeated. She started to cry again, the smile still on her face. "I can't deny it. I love you, I love you, I love you."

"That's why I want to request something, Judal-sama," she continued. "I know it's selfish of me, but please."

"Even if you never can love me, please remember that I will always, always love you, with all of me heart." Her eyes started to close.

"No, no, NO!" Judal yelled. "You are not dying, do you hear me?! (Y/N)!" (Y/N)'s eyes closed, and Judal could only stare, horrified.

Her heartbeat slowed, and he hugged (Y/N)'s still body.

Then he cried. Sobbing, screaming, and at first glance, insane. But he didn't care. The person he had cherished the most had died. And he couldn't even tell her anymore...

Tell her that the cruel Magi actually loved her. He had only recently discovered the feeling. Love. He loved (Y/N); realized that as she slowly became still.

"(Y/N)," he said, sobbing, his tears staining her simple servant's clothing.

"I love you."