Chapter 1

"Youngjae, you seem to be hanging out with that Jb kid a lot more than Nari nowadays."

"I just want to hang out with someone the same gender as me"

"You know Nari is yours you guys will be happy together forever, right?"

Youngjae rolled his eyes.

"Yes mommy" he managed to sound happy. Even though he wasn't.

Youngjae runs up to his room avoiding to go deeper into that conversation.

Youngjae is gay he knows that. He can't possibly marry a girl he has no connection with.

He took out his phone to text Jb but only got a million texts from Nari's mom

"Mom": dinner tonight with Nari? It'll be romantic! See you at 6!

"Are you kidding me?" Youngjae cursed under his breath when he realized he had plans with Jb.

Jb has no clue about this arranged marriage. Even though Jb isn't gay. Atleast that's what Youngjae knows he doesn't want him to know.

Youngjae: ah mom worst timing I have to study tonight

"Mom": it's Saturday can't it wait?

Youngjae: sorry no

Youngjae thought he sounded rude but really didn't want to go. He didn't want to cancel on Jb he fell in love with him he doesn't want Jb to lose interest in him.

*knock knock*
"Come in"

"Youngjae! Why did you cancel on Nari?!"

Youngjae had no reply. He was to afraid if he'd say the wrong thing his mom would be super angry. He was scared to rebel against his mom.

"You embarrass me. Your the only child! Live up to the expectations your father and I have for you!"

Youngjae kept staring at the ground he was scared to make contact with his mothers fiery eyes.

"I don't know what you have in mind but you will marry Nari! This boy Jb? Is he influencing you to get married to who you want? You can't see him anymore Youngjae" his mother stated firmly.

"What?! No fair mommy! He's my best friend I never told him anything about this arranged marriage"

Youngjae knows his mother doesn't like the term "arranged marriage" he can't believe he let those words slip out.

"Arranged marriage?! It's not arranged if you truly feel something isn't that right Youngjae? You do feel something don't you?!"

"Yes mommy..." Youngjae said weakly.

"Now go text Nari you'll be ready to go on that date in 4 hours"

Youngjae pulled out his phone and slowly started texting Nari

To: my love💕
Youngjae: Hey change of plans see you at 6💕

Nari: Yay glad your coming love you!

Youngjae left that on read. He feels forced saying I love you. He's said it a million times before he doesn't like the way it sounds or the way she reacts.

To: Jaebummie💞
Youngjae: I'm not going to be able to make it tonight sorry Jb

Jb: It's fine Youngjae don't worry about it I guess it will just be me and Mina tonight.

He liked Mina. He told her everything he can trust her tonight alone with Jb. But if it were Seulgi totally different story.

1 more hour then he'd have to put on a fake smile with his fake girlfriend. He couldn't stop thinking about it. All day at work he kept messing up everyone's orders.