「19th period」: after school time

K A R M A A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

season 2 episode 6

If I'd wake up to this every morning, I'd have no qualms about getting up this early.

We nearly stayed up all night trying to finish up a few assessments on math. And just when I thought that she was getting serious, due to the silence the slowly engulfed us, I came to realize that the girl had fallen asleep. That was when I decided to let her lie down on my bed.

But the one thing, I never expected was that I'd end up falling asleep beside her.

Then again, I liked watching the sleeping girl, who had been hugging my torso like some sort of body pillow. At this point, a part of me was hoping that she wasn't going to wake up any time now.

"Mhm..." I heard her mumble in her sleep.

For once I actually managed to appreciated the silence when we weren't arguing.

But it didn't take too much time for the girl to rub her eyes, and wake up, staring at me and blinking for a couple of seconds before registering the situation we were into.

"Karma! What the hell? What are you doing here?" She immediately rambled, like how I thought she would. She was indeed flustered.

"This is my bed, Iroha-chan~. You were the one who fell and sleep and hugged me" I lied, and she immediately blushed a shade of crimson.

Hahaha, how cute. If only, I found out that she's so easy to embarrass earlier.

"Wait, what time is it?" She reverted back to her usual self, checking the alarm clock I had on top of the drawer, gazing at how late it was. "Oh, shit! We're definitely going to be late".

"Since when did you even care about punctuality, hm?~" I wondered, knowing that this girl would do anything to skip class.

"Ever since Korosensei told me about repeating a grade" Iroha cringed at the memory, and had me laughing at her misery.

✖︎●✖︎

"You guys came to school together?" Sugino asked us, as Iroha and I entered the classroom simultaneously.

Well, it wasn't like I could openly admit that she was sleeping over at my place. Just the thought of the class asking us questions was enough to tire me.

"I guess so..." Iroha and I answered in unison, only to earn a weird look from Sugino.

"Heh~ How in sync" Nakamura said from a distance.

"It's not what you think" we defended in unison.

"Right" the two agreed, clearly not believing in our words.

"If that was my goal I'd have been pulling her strings by now" I persuaded them.

"And that's not happening" Iroha immediately said flat out.

"Are you two sure?" Nakamura pried, wriggling her eyebrows, obviously implying something.

"Like I said, you're wrong" Iroha and I repeated for the nth time, before the girl got tired of them and trotted away towards her Okuda, her close friwnd; who was part of the group of people talking to Korosensei. Seeing the bunch, I asked Nagisa, "What's up?".