「32nd period」: sleepover time

M A N A M I   O K U D A
奥田 愛美
student no. 5

Pale skin and silky blue hair.

Looking at Iroha right now, only reminded me of how we were when we were kids.

"Hahaha. What a nerd. We're just in grade two and you're already reading that?" One of the guys in our class remarked as he held the book I was reading in one hand.

I've always been a bit different. I knew that. When my friends played with dolls, I read books. And no, they weren't story books or novels, they were just plain old science books.

It just so happened to be that I was the person in class who always seem to have a tad bit more of a liking to science compared to other people.

"You're pathetic. Just because you're ugly and boring doesn't mean you have to pick on a girl to get attention. At least she has something to do with her life unlike you" the blunette told him off before the guy blushed and ran away, quite embarrassed.

She had always been so blunt since back then. Even if that led to her being alone, she was still the fiery girl who did things at her own pace.

For someone who could barely express herself, I couldn't help but look up to Iroha so much. I guess maybe she always knew how to charm people without meaning to.

But who could've thought that maybe everything was just a front.

The memory felt so hazy, as I saw her in her current state.

"It's most likely due to sleep deprivation" Korosensei deemed as the girl laid in the staffroom.

"Did the career survey cause this much?" Nagisa wondered as he took a glance at the pale looking girl.

"I doubt it. She must've been playing all night long" Karma assured him about the most likely reason.

However, was that really the case?

"I'll watch over her, so you guys could get back to class" Bitch-sensei told us as Karma, Nagisa and I stood by the door way.

"Alright, let's start class" Korosensei tried to avert our attention.

"U-um!" I tried to speak up before leaving. "Korosensei, would it be fine if I stay with her as well?".

"I don't see why not" he allowed me.

✖︎●✖︎

It's been a few hours, but she hasn't moved an inch.

Trying to recall what happened last night, I started feeling anxious about the possible truths she's been hiding.

"Hey, Iroha-chan, is it true?" I mumbled.