●Twenty: Haywire●

Got to love them clichés :v

Hahahahahahahahahaha--

//chokes

Warning: Slight angst. May not be good for the light hearted.

☆☆☆☆

"To what?!" You pried, tensed, "Both mother and father don't know about he and I! Why the hell would he come to this hellhole?!"

"That's why it was a bad idea. He suddenly showed up out of nowhere." (B/N) deadpanned, scratching his neck, "He seemed to have cold feet at first...I actually thought he was going to ask them for your hand."

"Oh...then what?" Your stomach churned, 'But I did drop hints to him about marriage before...' You deduced in dismay. You remembered telling him that you didn't mind flowers as long as you get to give them to others on a very special day and saying how you would like the idea of you two wearing matching rings. For the love of God, you even waved a wedding flyer to his bespectacled face.

"He just gave them a lecture about bad parenting."

You looked at him as if he just gut you in the nuts.

"..."

And here you thought you were the one who made less sense in your relationship before. Rather than feeling touched or moved, you felt something else. You weren't much of a family oriented person, but you kept a neutral connection to them in terms of technicality. So when other people try to interfere or personally get involved with your household issues, your parents, to be exact, you hated it and not even Midorima was an exception.

"He looked stressed and said something about mother being a slave driver, saying how it was all her fault that you didn't get enough rest and enjoyment. That they didn't treat you like their daughter...but rather a trophy they like to brag about and that it was all their fault why you were so unstable, things like that. Mother got pissed and it eventually led to a full-blown argument about you and father tried to calm them down. I could tell Shin-nii was trying not to lash out but he snapped when mother called you--"

Knock. Knock.

"Hey, you two. Dinner's ready." You heard your father speak through the door. Walking over to open it, you were face to face with a middle-aged man with (h/c) hair, dressed in a suit.

"Welcome home, dad."

"Thanks, (Y/N), (B/N)."

You fixed the bed and followed them out, not before stealing a glance at your balcony.

☆☆☆☆

Dinner was awkward, you only speaking when asked. Your brother was highly uncomfortable with the tension as your father tried to lessen it by continuing to ask you about work.

"So everything OK at the firm?"

"Yes. I've also hired a new trustworthy secretary so things have gotten quite easier to manage." You replied.

"I think you mean less work for yourself. You've gotten lazier these days, huh?" Your mother chided snidely.

You bit your lip to stop yourself from screaming in anger, "No. There are secretaries for a reason and for that reason alone which is handling all my office records and letters, but considering you're just a housewife, you wouldn't know that would you, mother?" You remarked brazenly, pleased at her reaction but got over it when she opened her mouth,

"You better stop being disrespectful towards your own mother. I've heard that you got in trouble at work. Getting charged for a sexual harassment case? I knew you were fooling around."