Chapter one

shivering in the corner of the room, Pearl whimpered softly as she thought of her love that was gone. the one who made her feel special. Rose quartz. the leader of the rebellion and  also her soul mate was dead. she gave up her physical form to create a human infant. Pearl tried to talk her out of it. she tried to tell Rose that the human, Greg, wasn't worth risking her life. instead of listening to the pearl, Rose continued to see the human. now, pearl  cowered in a corner, remembering the love she lost. what she didn't know was that  her best friend was watching her. Garnet felt sorry for the gem. she knew how much she cared for the leader. maybe Garnet could comfort her friend.

"pearl?" the fusion knelt down beside her friend. pearl didn't respond. her shaky breaths made Garnet feel even more bad for her. the fusion wrapped her arms around her friend and smiled sadly. "its okay pearl...." she cooed into her ear. "no its not!" the gem yelled, startling Garnet and catching her by surprise. "shes dead and i will never see her again!" pearl cried out, slamming her fist against the fusion. Garnet aloud the smaller gem to as-ult her. after a few minutes, pearl buried her head in Garnet's chest, sobbing louder. Garnet caught herself crying too. the two gems embraced each other warmly. "i-im sorry..." Pearl sniffed. "im s-so sorry.." Garnet shushed by her kissing the top of her forehead, directly on her gem. "no need for apologies pearl.."