Along those summer days...

“He was my first love and I believe that it will last forever. I never thought that he will be gone and I don’t even know where he is right now. We have been separated for almost 3 years since his parents had moved to New York for a business and he was there. The love that was once lost still lingers until now. We ended without any conversation. He didn’t talk to me nor say goodbye for the last time before he left. I knew at first that his parents didn’t like me. They disagreed with our relationship for the mere fact that I was   only an ordinary girl, teaching in preschool, no permanent income and don’t own any wealth in the world.

But I fought for the love that we felt for each other with so many hardships and time that I had with his family. I was deprived for the happiness that I’ve been longing from someone. However, he gave up. I never had any chance that he fought for me too.

It was the saddest reality of my life; rejected and left me hopeless with the love that once had.”

It’s me, George , i’m not a boy , my friends call me this name and I like it. My real name is Georgia Claudette Gamboa, a full-time preschool teacher . I’ll be turning 29 in May and no plans to celebrate it. I don’t want to remember those time 3 years ago. It was the happiest at the same time the saddest birthday I ever had. It was the time when he left to New York and I was not informed.

“Hey George, you keep yourself hanging out of nowhere again”, interrupted by Kylie , my co-teacher.” You’re still thinking of Mark again? Don’t bother yourself; he will never come back anymore. I heard from the source that he got married in New York and having a happy family now.  Let go of him George, you’re not meant for each other and besides it was almost 3 years since he left”, she added.

“Thanks, Kylie. Don’t worry I’m not thinking of him anymore. I’m so busy these days preparing for my theses. Kylie, I don’t have time for that, you already knew that my priority is my studies and my,my,??...George can’t continue what she supposed to say as she was interrupted when her co-teacher, Mrs. Lim asks her to visit the office of the principal. Both of them looked back and still confused.

“Hey, George, what are you saying again?,” she asked curiously.

“No , I mean , nothing.”

“Nothing, nothing, I told Kyle with hesitations as I was heading to the office of Mrs. Lim.

I feel nervous; still puzzled and trying to figure out what Mrs. Lim wanted me to do. But the simple fact between us is , Mrs. Lim is the closest aunt of Mark. It might be coincidence; however, she has no reason to fire me from my job.

I’m standing now in front of her office, snaring for those chosen words to say.

to be continued.,....