prologue

Marinette Dupain-Cheng was on her way home from school, when she spotted a black cat with striking green eyes sitting in the middle of street. Having a love for cats, she scooped up the feline before it was run over by a truck, but being the clumsy girl she is, she almost got run over herself.

She ran to the nearest sidewalk with the little cat cradled in her arms, then placed it down on the pavement. She sat down right next to it so she could catch her breath, and buried her head in her knees.

"Thanks for saving me, my lady!" she heard a voice say.

Marinette shot up and looked around, there was no one around her that could have owned the voice.  But after a couple of moments, she heard it again, this time much closer.

"You shall receive a great reward for your kindness, madame."

In shock, Marinette looked back down at the cat, his green eyes seemed to hypnotize her as they stared back into her sky blue ones.  The way it looked at her seemed to be begging for help.

"Was that you?" Marinette asked, wondering if she had gone crazy.

The cat simply nodded, which Marinette thought was just a coincidence, and that she probably was going crazy from all the stress at school.

Then the cat surprised her by being able to speak, and spitting out nonsense that it was actually a human. Out of curiosity, Marinette follows the cat back to where it came from, assuming that there may be more surprises up ahead.

But she doesn't notice that slowly, her body is changing; like growing whiskers, claw-like nails and a tail. Before she realizes what has happened, Marinette has been cursed, and she's not the only victim. The only way to reverse it is to fulfill the prophecy of a hero, and free all the other "cursed cats" from their prison.

If she can't complete the quest, she'll be a cat forever, in a land of animals.

a collab between oceanbeatz and sailortwilightt

DISCLAIMER: @TheLadyblog do not own any of the characters, unless we made them up ourselves. All characters belong to their respective owners; Zagtoon, Method Animation, Toei Animation and SAMG. We only own the plot, this is a work of FANFICTION.