; Lucky To

Fuck.

It was 1 am, Sunday. The first word that came out from me on that supposedly wonderful holiday was 'fuck'. Impressed?

Man, Jin would shout at me if he woke up seeing his pink 'Hello Kitty' cup smashed to pieces. Well, there was no way I could fix it nor hide it so the only thing I could do was to prepare my ears to listen to his goddamn lectures.

I picked up the large pieces one by one and put them in a plastic. I didn't realize my middle finger on my right hand was bleeding until I took out the vacuum. I put on a bandage after sucking the blood out and then continued to clean up the smaller shards, quietly hoping that no one wakes up.

The boys had a rough day today, practicing our choreography to our new song, so no one woke up to the noise I made except for Jungkook. He came out with his eyes squinting due to the brightness of the kitchen.

I looked at him blank. He walked towards me and I kinda flinched. He took the vacuum and started pulling it towards the counter, his eyes were half-sleeping. I watched him as he turned the vacuum on, opening the base part.

And suddenly, he started sucking the air using the device.

"Jungkook. What are you doing?" I called out to him to see if he was actually sleep-walking.

"You hate them too, don't you?"

"Hate them, who?" I asked him.

"The fruit flies." His eyes were now slightly wider. "What else were you doing with the vacuum early in the morning?"

I laughed so hard. Even though I couldn't see clearly with my small eyes while laughing, I could tell his face was red.

"Is that not the reason?" He slowly put down the vacuum as I turned it off.

"Heck no!" I wiped the dry tears on the corners of my eyes.

"Then what were you doing?" He took me aback.

I decided not to tell him about what really happened because this boy is a boy. He finds it amusing to see Jin scolding me especially when I always laugh at him, finding him a fool. "I was just cleaning the kitchen."

His brows furrowed in disbelief as I crossed my fingers from behind.

"Just shoo! You're bothering me!" I shooed him back to his room.

After seeing him gone from sight, I went to the kitchen sink and washed my face. I was sweating for god-knows-why. I gazed at the plastic of glass pieces and after loosing a sigh, I picked it up and went out of the apartment.

I was wearing shorts so I could feel the icy, night breeze passing by. I shivered as a reaction. The night was quiet — not that I'm complaining. I love the quiet. You can expect that from a person who lives with noisy, lively boys everyday.

I dropped the plastic into the trash bin and somehow, my grey beanie hat fell in.

Just great.

A $10 beanie hat.

Bought by the CEO himself.

Of course, I wasn't going to put in my hand to pick it up. I searched for a stick. Fortunately, I found one that was long, and I assumed it strong because it was relatively thick. But instead of hanging the beanie onto the stick so I could pull it up, I – and my clumsiness – pushed it down, covered by other disgusting things, making it harder for the stick to reach it. I regretted not using my hand at the first place when there were less rubbish covering.

I dug and dug in the pile of rubbish. I forgot to tell you how large the bin is. The green bin you can find in an episode of Spongebob Squarepants where the fool needed to find his name tag and ended up searching it in a dump — only that this one is a slight smaller than that. Pretty much I was him at the time but for my case, I was searching for a beanie my boss gave to me as a present for receiving the position as leader.