The Edge of Nothing

Most people say that the thrill of standing at the edge of a cliff, is more then you'll ever have in your lifetime.

Well, me. I beg to differ.

It was my freshman trip to Yellowstone National Park. Why they chose that boring place, I don't know.

We were all standing at the edge of the cliff and looking down.

"Don't look to far or you might fall Kylie. We know you're not the most coordinated person in this class." Kalista Tanning said in the brattiest way that her human body would let her say it.

Sam nudged my arm. "Don't listen to them. You'll be fine." He said with a sweet smile.

Sam and I have been best friends since we were two. He lived next door to me, and our moms had gone to college together. And for as long as I can remember, I'd been in love with him. His smile. His personality. His looks... He had these bright blue eyes, and short blonde hair (but not to short, he's not gay!!!). He, is my eyes, was so FREAKING perfect!!

I quickly shot a smile back and rolled my eyes. Sam laughed, knowing how much I hated Kalista.

"I think I'll be fine, Kalista. Just make sure you don't stand to close. Your boobs might send you toppling over!" I said.

Sam, along with the entire class, laughed and Kalista's face turned bight red and she and her group, The Varsity's, walked off in the other direction.

We call them "The Varsity's" because they only date guys on the varsity teams. The reason? I guess we'll never know.

"Kylie, I, like, worship you right now. You totally told her off," Sarah Fieldman told me. No one likes Sarah, she's just weird.

"Oh... um... thanks Sarah?!" I replied feeling more awkward by the second.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys! I hope you enjoyed it. I'm gonna be updating every other day, or at least most every other day! 😉

love you guys!!!

~Libby 🌸