Chapter 1

"No! Just leave me alone! You don't understand!!". 

"Honey, I just want what's best for you and-"

*slams door behind*

What do you call it when no one, not a single soul understands you? When you love your dad , but hate his guts? Or when the center of all your arguments with your dad are about your mom. How she's not here anymore.

It was a dark and stormy night when it happened. The clouds were low, so low that it met earth. Unable to see what laid beyond, I stared out my window, with a picture of my mom. I still remember her clearly,  dark brown curly hair, with perfect blue eyes that popped out at you when you'd look at her.  A heart shaped, light pink mouth with white straight teeth. She was beautiful. She was gorgeous. She was perfect.  Whenever I think of her...her memory...it brings me happiness yet sadness. I don't enjoy remembering her, bc it reminds me that she's not here anymore, with us...with me...  *thunder strikes*

Flashing before my eyes, Sams came running into my room and into my bed, tucking himself under the blankets, covering his ears so he won't have to listen to the storms cry.  I rush by his side, open the covers and lay beside him brushing his hair against my fingertips. I feel the warmth of his gentle skin as he wraps his fragile arms around me. I kiss his forehead while darkness swallows us into sleep.

Authors note- it's my first book so please give me time,   I have no idea how to write one either so leave comments and suggestions on how you think I could improve,   anyways I hope y'all ate enjoying the book!!!😘😘