Sparks and Copper

"Colonel get down now!" You screamed from across the room as Lust's spear like fingers raced towards the Colonel yet the world seemed to slow down as you sprinted towards your commanding officer then the world began to buzz. You could vaguely hear Lust laughing as she disappeared from the room. Your eyes locked with Mustangs dark eyes, tinged with shock and fury. You looked down at your purple uniform funny you could have sworn it had been blue when you put it on this morning hadn't it?

      Your head was spinning or maybe it was the room, you couldn't really tell you only knew that ground was coming at you and fast. But before you could hit the blood soaked floor you felt the Colonels strong arms wrap around you. Yet in his condition he couldn't keep the both of you up and you both fell to the floor. Your uniform was already heavy but soaked in your blood it felt like a lead jacket and you could feel more blood soaking your back. But whose blood was it? If it was your's shouldn't you be dead by now?

     "Y/N! Y/N! I need you to stay awake for me that is an order!." You couldn't help but smile up at Mustang, only he would think that death could be avoidable with an order. You tried to lift your hand but you couldn't. You shuddered in the Flame alchemist's arms, your body was cooling and your heart was slowing down without enough blood to pump around your body. It was almost ironic you were freezing to death in the Flame Alchemist's arms.

     "Havoc! Y/N you cannot die do you understand me?" You strained your ears listening for some witty comment from the human ashtray, but all was silent. Without Havoc to help Mustang you knew you needed to stay alive a little longer, you couldn't die to, not while he was still in the room. You cleared your throat trying to rid your mouth of the coppery taste, Lust must have nicked a lung you were drowning in your own blood.

     "Colonel...you nee-need to go, the others...need...your...help." Your chest was on fire and you could feel tears leak from the corners of your eyes. Fear, anger and disgust bubbled in your chest what was the point of being able to use alchemy to heal when you couldn't even heal yourself?

     "I'm not leaving you dammit now pull yourself together." You could hear the desperation sinking into his voice your eyes were getting heavy but you wanted to keep them open.

     "Just go...and don't forget.....about me."You laughed to relieve the tension that was almost thicker than the scent of blood but it reduced to a coughing mess and only caused you more pain. You felt Mustangs hands wipe tears from your cheeks and push your hair out of your face.

     "And how could I do that? You've given me so much to remember." You managed a small chuckle without much discomfort and looked up into Mustangs dark eyes.

      "And..what exactly...have I given you to remember?" It was the colonel's turn to laugh as he continued to play with your hair.

     "You remember that time I convinced you that the military had changed the female uniform and you wore that miniskirt to the office?" You smiled as you remembered the look on Mustangs face and the blood nose you had given Havoc for trying to cop a feel. When you had found out about Mustangs deceit you had continued to wear the miniskirt as punishment, teasing him.

     "That'll...be my legacy, the officer...that fell for Colonel Mustang's miniskirt trick. How wonderful..." You were so tired now and the will to live you had before was slipping from your body and soul and dying seemed like the inevitable. You looked into Roy's dark eyes and god did you want to fight, you'd never gotten the chance to tell him how you felt and you couldn't tell him now and just die, it was selfish. You tried to fight it but a sob ripped through your chest and seemed to echo off the endless tunnels underneath the laboratory.