Chapter One~Cop Foreplay?

The oxygen tank beside Riley made a bubbling sound as she glared at it.

"Dude see! He doesn't like when I look at him!" She yelled at her brother. The duo were twins, of course they get the whole 'you don't look anything alike, blah, blah, blah' crap, but their mother can assure anyone, they're more alike than they seem.

Riley drew the short end of the stick in life. Whilst her brother only had severe asthma, she was stuck with Cystic Fibrosis, a fatal disease that can affect the lungs and digestive system.

So now she carries around an oxygen tank, a big roller one, but she also had a little one that could fit in her backpack for other occasions. Doctors said she wasn't going to live past 20, so she was trying to live life to the fullest while she could. She had good grades, a good brother, a best friend, and the very handsome Mr.Isaac Lahey, a long time crush of Riley's.

"Maybe you shouldn't look at it then. I mean it is helping you live, wouldn't want to piss it off would you?" He smiled back at her as she continued to glare.

"He's not an it. His name is William, and he's a wonderful British man." She muttered rolling her eyes patting the oxygen tank lightly. Scott only sighed pulling a shirt over his head. Riley grabbed a game controller turning on the console as her brother unnoticeably sent her a pity filled look. He hated seeing the clear tubes wind around her ears, and when she smiled, the tubes moved just reminding anyone looking that she was still sick, and dying.

Just as the two began playing a match of Black Ops 2, the door flew open hitting the door stopper behind it, which in the moment Riley was very glad was there.

"Holy God Stiles!" Riley screeched rolling off the bed.

"Guys! Police, woods, now!" The pale flustered boy panted out kneeling over, out of breath.

"Why are they in the woods?" Riley sighed lightly resting her chin in her palm.

"Body, gotta leave now!" He began to turn and leave but Scott jumped up and grabbed his arm.

"If they already found the body, why are we going?" He asked curiously, peeking Riley's interest as she stood up.

"That's the best part, they only found half the body. Now get ready Wonder Twins, because we're going on an adventure." Stiles spoke dramatically practically flying down the stairs, Riley just chuckled as she pulled on a pair of Toms, and switched her tube to her travel tank shoving it in her backpack before heading down to the baby blue Jeep waiting for her outside.

<~>

The Jeep came to a halt and the trio jumped out, their gazes falling on a sign that read:

Beacon Hills
PRESERVE
NO ENTRY AFTER DARK

"Maybe we shouldn't, I mean I was trying to get a good night's sleep for tryouts tomorrow." Scott muttered as they climbed over the 'barricade'. Stiles held the flashlight ahead of the twins, but Riley was always close behind, following him like a lost puppy.

"You're the one always bitching about how nothing ever happens in this town." She retorted with a scoff causing him to shoot her a nasty glare, and Stiles to snicker.

"But I'm planning on making first line this year." Scott continued whining.

"Me too! Oh wait, I'm physically incapable of doing that, but you know, it's good to dream buddy." She spoke, sarcasm dripping in her voice.