Chapter 1- Forgotten

The sound of a horn honking echoed through my head as I felt a sharp pain in my legs, it felt as if the pain destroyed my body for a split second, but then I couldn't feel anything.

"Izumi!!" A voice in the shadows called out to me, for what I don't know. Upon hearing the voice I awoke from sleep. I was laying down on a bed of some kind, but I had no idea where I was at all. I tried to sit up, but a sharp pain shattered any hope of sitting up for more than a few minutes. I lay back down, and scan the room quickly, it was somewhere I didn't exactly recognize, the room seemed mostly white, I soon realized I had an IV in my arm, I realized, I was in a hospital. I soon realized I was also in a hospital gown, so it definitely was a hospital, but what happened? I don't remember. On the side of the bed, lay a young woman asleep, who looked to be around my age, and beside her was a little boy too, are they people I know? I don't know. I looked at her, a little strand of her hair was in her face, I moved it and my heart skipped a beat, I had no clue at all as to why such a thing would happen, maybe that was what they called first love? I doubt it. Upon removing the strand of her, she awoke, and tears quickly filled up her eyes as she jumped on me and gave me the biggest hug possible. It was easy to tell she was happy, this woke up the little boy who did something somewhat similar;

"Izumi!!" She yelled my name, it caused a bit of commotion and a few nurses gathered right outside the door.

"Um, d-do I know you?" I got a little flustered because of the surprising hug she gave me.

As I asked, the happy smile she had, quickly turned to the most horrified look I'd ever seen. As the tears of happiness halted, they turned into a river of sad ones, I didn't know how I was supposed to feel but, honestly, I felt rather horrible. The nurses began to furiously whisper, about what I don't know, but they wouldn't stop. Just then, an old man and woman walked through the door, they were my parents.

"Mom, dad, what's going on?" I quickly asked.

"Izumi.. Are you okay?" My mother asked as she had started to cry.

"What are you talking about? Did something happen to me?

The nurses whispered more and more, and my parents had looks of confusion on their faces, I was still left clueless as to what was going on. Two of the many nurses soon came in, one of them went over to the girl to try and escort her out, she quickly refused.

"No! I'm staying with Izumi!" She yelled.

The other nurse looked at me and said; "Well, it's good to see you're awake, you've been asleep for about a day or two. You were in a bit of a traffic incident, sort of. You had saved Hori from being run over flat by a car, but the way you did it, your legs were run over, but luckily you have quite strong legs, so the bones are only fractured right now. It might have been the pain, or something I'm not quite sure what but, it seems it may have caused you to lose a bit of your memory, possibly only about Hori. There isn't really a way to fix this, so I'd really just say to go about your daily life, although you'll have to stay here for a week or two, your legs will heal up in a few days, but we just want to make sure you're okay for the rest of the week and the week after.

"Alright.. Thank you ma'am." I don't know how, but I was able to swallow and accept such tragedy with ease, losing memories of a person you saved and possibly had known before - which did seem to be the case.

"Don't worry about it, and it seems that Hori doesn't want to leave your side either, so if it's okay with you, I think she wants to stay with you for awhile."

"It's fine, I think I would rather have her here anyway. Thank you again."

Hori soon left the room and my parents and I had talked for a bit, about what would be done about school and other such matters, and when they would come to check on me. They eventually left, and Hori came back into my room, I didn't really know what I was supposed to talk about, but it seems she did know, she sat down and looked at me straight in the eyes, her brother also came in.

"Izumi Miyamura, my name is Kyoko Hori. Do you really not remember me?" She said immediately.

"No, I really do not remember you. I'm sorry. I'm curious though, what were we before I lost my memory?" I was a little curious to know, it would be nice to know, so I can try to be how I was before to help her not feel so sad.

"We were fr-" She stopped, and her face became as red as all the blood rushing to her face. "W-we were b-boyfriend and g-girlfriend!"Save

She seemed so cute when her face was that red, that was probably the highlight of my year. I stared at her with a slight smile, I didn't think that I'd have such a cute girl as my girlfriend at all! It was a rather nice surprise. We talked for several hours, and I also talked with her little brother a little bit too. I came to notice a lot about Hori, I really liked her hair, it was down and a bit past shoulder length, and smooth. I ended up telling her she was really cute and, yet another highlight of my day. She eventually left, and said she'd be back tomorrow. I really want to get my memories back, I'll do whatever I must, I feel bad for Hori because of the amnesia, so I want to get it back for her!