Pablo Palaez: A Mafia Hitman Diary

Pablo Palaez

June 1987. Basilio Family Compound, Downtown Los Santos, Cariñosa City.

"Que demonios es eso, Palaez!" A loud shout was heard from a dimmed-lighted room; in where only shadows of two persons facing each other can be seen; the angry voice came from Francisco Basilio, the leader of Cariñosa's infamous gang cartel, Mafia de Basilio; the gang that is responsible of more than 110 deaths in the City. Basilio is also a father to a daughter (Claudia Basilio) and a husband to a wife (Linda Salcedo-Basilio); the family that owns the Family compund; homing more or less 25 families, in where their bodyguards, drivers, security personell, criminals and hitmans lives.

The man in the shadows talking to Fransisco was Pablo Palaez, a neophite hitman, a brother of Arman Palaez; in which in the other hand, Mafia de Basilio gang's leader. Pablo Palaez was just looking down as he was being shouted upon by his Boss, after the failed attempt of murdering their gang's rival, Brusko Omega's most notorious hitman, in which the hitman that Pablo was supposed to kill just escaped without even a gunshot wound. His brother Arman was called into he room, and was given the killing order, instead.

The morning after the night, compliments and pleasing statements were heard, Pablo, upon coming outside, saw it was his brother, reporting to Fransisco, that was cherished, Arman reported that he have killed, their rival's most notorious hitman. Although jealous that his brother have killed the man that he failed to assasinate that he even studied and planned about for weeks, and his brother just killed him in a night, Pablo still managed to congratulate his brother for an achievement and honor that he should've have.

It's been 24 years since Arman have been part of the Mafia de Basilio, he have gained so much respect and honor around the City, he was well-known. Fransisco, who obviously favorites Arman, that he even let him lead the gang, actually plans to let her daughter, Claudia marry Arman, but it was a plan still in progress. On that afternoon, because someone from the compound heard the conversation of the Basilio family about the marriage, rumours and the news have spread out quickly. Pablo together with Arman was shocked as they heard the news while they're cutting some woods, early in the morning

"Looks like my brother will be chopping woods no more, aye?" said the giggling Pablo.

"Shut up Pablo, get back to work!" replied Arman as the brothers looked at each others eyes, laughed and continued chopping the woods.

Several weeks came normal, tons of reported killed by hitmans, load of guns and ammunations coming from different weapon cartels and large ammounts of ransomed cash, all of those stuff are nothing to be surprised off, but something breaks the regular flow, words from Fransisco Basilio, that truly shook not only the compound but the entire crime city.

"I know announce, that I have approved and honored to let my daughter, Claudia Basilio, marry my man, Arman Palaez."

Whistles, cheerings and applause where heard from all around the compound. Talks, rumours and news about the said announcement immediately roamed the city.

5 months later...
Marriage gone good, the way it was expected, peaceful, timid and silent.

Now, it's time for Arman to live with the Basilios in their big mansion full of luxurious furnitures, world-class foods, and security guards...

"Hey, Francisco and I just talked, and he told me I am the one entrusted to choose the person to replace me as the gang leader." Arman was saying to Pablo, as he puts all his stuff in a bag, getting ready to leave their small room and go to the Mansion.

"And?" Pablo replied in his bored tone.

"I'll be choosing you as a replacement for me" Arman told his brother, smiling.