●Twenty-Five: Fair Quaint●

Wondering how many chapters I should make for this story

Or if anyone's even still interested how it'll turn out 😂

☆☆☆☆

"How's it going?" You asked as soon as you entered your office. Momoi was in the middle of the room standing in front of a whiteboard, your two clients sitting across from where she was.

"Oh, (Y/N)! By the time we're done, there won't be a single undocumented asset. We've catalogued all things with motors, all things with roofs, and all bank and stock accounts." She replied cheerily, tapping the marker.

"Well, Kentarō may not have been terribly creative, but he was generous." Namie deadpanned.

"The cost of a guilty conscience." Haruna added.

"Nice work, ladies." You smiled at all of them. "Let's take a break because we're due in court."

"OK."

.

.

.

"Ohtaka, we all want to know...why marry two women?" His lawyer questioned him.

"Why else? Love." Ohtaka replied.

"Oh, for Christ's sake." You rolled your eyes, crossing your arms. Your actions caused the elderly women who were the jury to break out into laughter.

"Save your comments for later, Ms. (L/N). We're in court, there will be no heckling." The judge threw you a berating look.

"Pardon me, your honor." You rested your chin under your palm. The man's lawyer decided to continue his questioning.

"You were saying?"

"Lots of people go through life never meeting their soulmate. I met two-two phenomenal women that I cannot imagine spending my life without. Believe me, I did not set out to cheat on Namie. But when I met Haruna, for the second time in my life, the world stood still." Ohtaka exaggerated.

What a whole load of crap. Loving two people? If you really loved the first one then you wouldn't have fallen for the second one.

You got up lazily, going in front for your turn in questioning the defendant.

"Would you say your Shinagawa office is well appointed?"

"Yes."

"Objection. Your honor, that's not even close to relevant." His lawyer stated.

You scoffed, "Oh, it is so relevant, if counsel pays closer attention to what I have to say and not what he thinks he hears." You glared at him.

"I'm over here, Ms. (L/N). And I'd love to know why we should care about Ohtaka-san's office." The judge interjected. You nodded before continuing,

"Isn't it true that your wife, Namie, a licensed interior designer, decorated that office?"

"Yes."

"And isn't it true that your other wife, Haruna, a freelance magazine writer, edited and complied the promotional materials for your firm?"

"Yes."

"According to my calculations, the value of those services is seven million nine hundred twelve thousand seventy seven yen. Did you pay them?" You cocked a brow expectantly.

"No, but-"

"No buts." You interrupted, "My clients should be paid for services rendered. Sounds like damages to me."