Socially anxious (A Christian Novelli / touchtheskyfilms fanfiction)

Raining. Of course it was. That was okay though, I liked the rain, it showed what I looked like inside. The rain was one of the reasons I'd decided to move here to Seattle. Before I moved here, two days ago, I lived in San Francisco with my Nan and Pop. They'd be the only thing I'd miss from San Francisco. They didn't try to stop me though. Knew it would be good for me I suppose. Probably thought I'd make friends or something here. There was a very small chance of that happening. My only friends were my black and white kitten, Phillip, and my internet friend, Morgan . Unfortunately she lived in England but fortunately I was allowed to bring Phillip to Seattle with me.

Let me get something straight. I'm not a very social person. My nan made me go to a therapist when I moved in with her and the therapist said I had depression, anxiety and social anxiety. On the internet though, I'm very social. People in real life are just... Mean, aggravating, annoying, stupid and judgmental. As you can probably tell, I didn't had the best social life when I was in high school. It was pretty bad. I've never had many friends, I've always been that loser nerd kid who was always second best at everything. I guess it could've been worse though. But thanks to my slightly traumatic high school experience and social anxiety, anytime a stranger tries to talk to me I will either

A) stutter so much you can barely understand what I'm saying

B) just "ummm" and "urrrrr" my way out of stuff

Or C) just run away.

Ten minutes of just listening to the rain later, I decided to get up. I still had a lot of stuff to unpack and Phillip would be hungry. I slowly and unwillingly dragged myself out of my bed, being careful not to disturb Phillip and walked into the kitchen. Yesterday I had unpacked the kitchen, bathroom and my room so I had no problem locating my lucky charms and Phillips cat food. After feeding both Phillip and myself, I had a shower and dressed for the day. I just wore my favourite jumper with a picture of a badger on it, with some leggings. This was when I had to decided to either unpack the rest of my house or go on tumblr. I picked tumblr. I loaded up my Mac and went straight onto iTunes, twitter and tumblr whilst Phillip jumped onto my lap. I went onto my iTunes and put on my favourite playlist, That Dam Playlist. The playlist was full of Panic! At the disco, Of monsters and men, Fall out boy and All Time Low. Then I stared scrolling through Twitter and tweeted something about moving to Seattle and now nice the rain is.

"Now", I decided, "It's time for Tumblr". I talk to Phillip a lot. After about an hour of scrolling my phone buzzed telling me I had a new message. I got up, put Phillip on my bed and stretched my back out it sounded like someone wrote out the alphabet on a typewriter, my back clicked so much. Then I reached out to my phone which was charging on my bedside table. The text was from Morgan and it said

'CHAAAAARLOTTE I just read your tweet and OMFG you're in Seattle?!'

I replied with a

'I'M IN SEATTLE BBY!!! It's so nice here. Well... I've only seen my house and the view from the taxi window that took me from the airport'

'Why'd you move to Seattle? And also you should go to The forest, I found it there when I was like eight.'

'I fancied a change I guess. The forest? Is it busy there?'

'No, it's always empty. No one really knows about it'

I thought about this for a while measuring up the pros and cons of going to the Forest. I came up no cons of going so I texted back

'Okay then, I'll go tomorrow'

By now it was almost 12pm and I ended up spending the rest of the day unpacking the lounge and scrolling through tumblr.

Christian will be in this story soon