450 words

Staring at the pieces of paper I dabated about a topic. 'The price' is the most prestigious art school in the country and it would mean so much if I got in. But in order to get in I have to write an eassay for my application.  My eyes caught the last topic on the bottom of the page.  The one no one else would pick.

Rolemodel.

I took the pencil next to me and started writing.

I'm supposed to write about my rolemodel. 

450 words about soemone I admire so much.

Should I write about Madonna, Nelson Mandela, Oscar or what about Katy Perry?

I should write 450 words about a person I admire so much and why I admire this person so much.

Should I write about how they adoptes a child from Africa, how they changed a country, how they made the best of their disabilities or how they exspress their selves?

I should write 450 words about a person I admire so much, why I admire this person so much and what this person did to change my life.

Should I write about them teaching me to love, about them learning me that race doesn't matter, about showing me that you can sucseed even if you are not perfect or about proving to me that I can express myself through anything I want.

I should write 450 words about a person I admire so much, why I admire this person so much and how this person changed my life so much.

But I don't want to write about Madonna, Nelson Mandela, Oscar or Katy Perry. 

I need to write 450 words about a person I admire so much and why I admire this person so much.

But Madonna does drugs, Nelson Mandela planted bombs, Oscar shot his Girlfriend and Katy Perry went against the believes of her parents.

I should write 450 words about a person I admire so much, why I admire this person so much and how this person changed my life so much.

But non of those has taught me anything except that you can cover up the bad you do by doing a good thing, that it doesn't matter what you do to make your mark as long as you can do it, that when your disabled people should worry for you and not send you to jail and that it's okay to disappoint your parents because you know someday you'll make them proud.

No I don't want to write 450 words about any one of those.

I should  write 450 words about a person I admire so much, why I admire this person so much and how this person changed my life so much.

Everyone else is writing about someone famous.

But I don't think that Madonna, Nelson Mandela, Oscar or Katy Perry is worth 450 words.

If there  is one person who is worth 450 words it is my mother.

And seeing I'm running out of words I need to finish up.

I'm just a black African child who was adopted by a wonderfull white artist in a wheelchair. And I consider that women a true rolemodel.