●Twenty-Six: Unproductive●

I might be delaying my updates for a while. I decided to publish both my stories on another site so... ( ̄∇ ̄)

☆☆☆☆

Your breath hitched, ignoring the gnawing headache you had accumulated overnight from not sleeping a wink. Groaning, you rested your head on your desk. The fact that Mairu was in Akashi's family limo refused to leave your boggled mind, befuddling you in so many ways; countless what if's and maybe's entering one after another and none of them were pretty.

But you stuck to the other possibility.

Maybe it's a business related thing? You have heard that the Kusanagi and Akashi family are quite close and the fathers go way back in the days when they were still young.

'Stop it, it's no use getting worked up over things.' You rubbed your aching head.

Scanning around your office for something entertaining to fuss about since you were long done with your work, you frowned when nothing appealed and sparked your interest. You pushed yourself back in your swivel chair to open the drawer, pulling out your laptop as well as the picture frame that was flipped down inside.

You stared at the photo of you and Midorima for a few minutes. He looked flustered in it, both his hands were held by yours as you stood in front of him, facing the camera. It was during your high school festival and you were in a tattered kimono since your class was doing a haunted house, you being the slit mouthed woman, the one who scared people. Midorima was in his orange basketball jersey, fresh from practice.

Wistfully, you placed it back down inside.

'I wonder if all this is really worth giving up Shin for...'

You inserted the flash drive in your laptop, copying the files you gathered in order to give to Momoi. You were blessed to have this kind of job, it was the only thing you have close to you, the only thing you enjoy. After successfully transferring them into the flash drive, you tapped on the pad then pulled it out.

Fixing your things before you left your office with your bag, handing the item to your secretary.

"Here, Satsuki. It's all in there, including the previous reports of the case. Can you print and have them submitted to Fujinami-san?"

"Yup! I'll handle the rest. You seem to be in a hurry?" Momoi asked suspiciously, quirking a brow in wonder.

You nodded, "I'm meeting with someone. The daughter of my previous client."

"Oh, is that so? Which client--"

"(Y/N)-san." A voice interrupted Momoi, causing you both to turn your heads towards the disruption.

Speaking of the devil.

"Ah, Mairu-san!" You acknowledged her.

"Mai-chan...?" You heard Momoi mumble under her breath.

"What is it, Satsuki? You know her?"

"Well..."

"Hmm?"

Momoi continued quietly, "I used to work part-time at Akashi-kun's company before and she would always come to see him."