Prologue

It had been a bright and sunny day. A slight breeze was blowing, just enough for the sails to pick it up and drag the boat forward, at a slow pace.

I stood at the steering wheel, revelling in the warm rays of the light the sun gave. The waves gently lapped against the boat, almost lulling me to sleep. Suddenly, I heard a beautiful voice.

Someone was singing, but it was too beautiful to be human. I had never believed in mermaids or sirens, and I didn't consider the thought now. I focused on the faint singing in the distance. I yearned to get closer to the song.

The beautiful voice flows softly, the most beautiful thing my ears had tasted within my twenty-nine years of life. I subconciously sailed the boat in what I believed to be the correct direction of the voice. It was all I could do to keep from collapsing on the deck. It was all I could do to refrain from falling into a slumber. I needed to get closer to the voice. I vaguely noticed my ship about to run against rocks, but that was unimportant.

I needed the voice. There was a harsh jerking motion and I was now on the deck floor. The singing was getting closer. The sun felt slightly warmer, almost harsh.

I saw feet in front of me. I used every ounce of willpower I had to look up. There stood a young girl. She had stange hair and eyes. Her lips were painted dark green and were pulled back in a wide smile. She was the one singing. But now, what was once a beautiful song sounded more like a demonic chant.

I was no longer filled with bliss, but terror. I was not paralyzed with happiness, but fear. The girl pulled out a knife. I tried to scream, but I couldn't.

The girl used her knife as I watched, and felt, as she stabbed me multiple times in the chest. I watched the blood pool around me....

×××××
Men were such an easy kill. They were too willing. Most of them, anyways, in her opinion.

She had loved the rush of adrenaline that had coursed through her veins as she borded the sinking ship. She'd caused this, and it was all she could do to refrain from interupting her song to laugh.

She had loved killing and as the life left the man's eyes, she whispered, "Time to play a lullaby."

~